TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Getting frequent AutoPilot "HOLD"s

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by kirkbauer, Jun 26, 2018.

1. kirkbauer

kirkbauer Member

Before the latest update I very rarely saw AutoPilot get into a state where it said "HOLD" and wouldn't move. When it used to happen, it was usually when I turned on AP when I was already too close to the stopped car in front of me.

Now it seems to randomly enter a HOLD state while driving in stop-and-go traffic. I know it happens much more often, but I can't figure out what is causing it.

Has anybody else noticed this?

2. MIT_S60

MIT_S60 Member

Can you please post the software version? I assume it's 2018.24, but just want to make sure, since nowadays we need to be cautious about whether updating introduces any regressions to Autopilot.

3. kirkbauer

kirkbauer Member

2018.21.9 75bdbc11

• Informative x 1
  4. Ande

Ande Member

Heavy rain or water running of hood can do this, anything unusual that suddenly reduces an ultrasound range sensors distance.

5. kirkbauer

kirkbauer Member

Yeah, we have had a lot of rain, but then again I have had the car for 3 years now and we always have rain around here. I'll see if it happens in dry weather.

I guess I should have clarified that this is AP1.