Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting frequent AutoPilot "HOLD"s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before the latest update I very rarely saw AutoPilot get into a state where it said "HOLD" and wouldn't move. When it used to happen, it was usually when I turned on AP when I was already too close to the stopped car in front of me.

Now it seems to randomly enter a HOLD state while driving in stop-and-go traffic. I know it happens much more often, but I can't figure out what is causing it.

Has anybody else noticed this?

Before the latest update I very rarely saw AutoPilot get into a state where it said "HOLD" and wouldn't move. When it used to happen, it was usually when I turned on AP when I was already too close to the stopped car in front of me.

Now it seems to randomly enter a HOLD state while driving in stop-and-go traffic. I know it happens much more often, but I can't figure out what is causing it.

Has anybody else noticed this?
Can you please post the software version? I assume it's 2018.24, but just want to make sure, since nowadays we need to be cautious about whether updating introduces any regressions to Autopilot.