TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Getting hotels/businesses to consider Destination Chargers

Discussion in 'North America' started by mozart626, Aug 14, 2017.

1. mozart626

mozart626 Member

I have a few hotels that I'd like to contact and ask to consider putting in destination chargers. However, I'm not quite sure how to do that without it being completely random or the hotel staff just ignoring it. It looks like Tesla's website actually looks for a contact name, so I don't know that I can anonymously get Tesla to mail them info. Has anyone had any luck doing this at places like Hiltons, and what are your tips for getting the hotel to take you seriously?

• Like x 1
  2. KJD

KJD Supporting Member

Good question. We as Tesla owners should spend more time on this issue. Here is one thread that talks about that.
    Destination Chargers - Seek and ye shall receive

3. kort677

kort677 Banned

You need to start with the property's manager. sometimes in some of the city properties the hotel subs the valet parking to a subcontractor. if so contact the management of that operation.
    I always thank hotels and restaurants for installing chargers and I also mention it to the management of places that haven't yet seen the benefits of installing one.
    good luck

4. KJD

KJD Supporting Member

5. mozart626

mozart626 Member

Thanks! This is helpful. Seems worth it to reach out and mention all the benefits of the program.

6. EVTECH

EVTECH Member

PM me and I will send you a sample email i send to locations. I can also attach the PDF I send.