TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Getting ICE'd in Hawaii

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by HawaiiBee, Nov 28, 2014.

1. HawaiiBee

HawaiiBee Member

Ward Centers new parking @ 3pm 12/28....

After I pulled out of the other charge, a Honda minivan pulled right in....

Crazy black Friday shoppers.

But I did want to mention, thanks to electric vehicles - parking was EASY.

20141128_151353.jpg 20141128_151407.jpg

2. WeazL

WeazL Moderator - Hawaii

Disgusting... :cursing:

3. dsmith2189

dsmith2189 Active Member

happened to me a while back at that charger. I blocked the ICE in and started to charge anyway. when the lady got back (and I had given her sufficient time to contemplate her situation) she kept apologizing saying she was "so sorry but there weren't any other spaces available for her to park"

let ward security know and they will give the ICE a ticket. It might not mean much but it is something.

4. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Reading on TM I found a thread that someone was again complaining about ICEing. Amped Realtor posted a reply that may help with the problems here. In case you didn't already see this, take a look at this:

Solution: Report them at www.zapatag.com. Shame them publicly. Write their tag number in the blank. Then attach this note to their windshield (click the image to download printable PDF file):
    Notice of Violation

5. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Discussion on that in the main TMC forum here ---> I-created-a-document-to-leave-on-ICEd-cars

Large majority of those who commented find it too harsh. I do too but everyone is entitled to her/his own view.

6. Babylonfive

Babylonfive Power12

Check this one out from Texas. The top two parking spaces, with TONS of available non electric parking directly to the left.

ICEPark.jpg

7. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

We aren't frustrated enough yet, but all this disrespect, abuse and ignorance. I wonder how long its going to be before this "too harsh" is going to become standard. Sometimes to get the attention of those that are not paying sufficient attention to what's going on around them or what they are doing, it takes something harsh to get them to wake up.

8. StephenM

StephenM Active Member

It almost looks like he did that on purpose. There's a lot of people out there who actively hate on electric vehicles, and Tesla's in particular. Really confuses me as to why though.

9. alohates1a

alohates1a Member

Unfortunately, "haters will be haters". Being a newb with the MS, hadnt really thought about experiencing this situation but inevitable.
    I would think that supercharger spaces are owned or leased by Tesla, effectively making them private property? Too bad that signs and enforcement for "non EV vehicles are subject to towing or fine" could not be put in place similar to handicapped parking warning signs.

10. drtko147

drtko147 Member

Obviously, there are people who chose to ignore signs. The only way to make sure it doesn't happen is to have their cars towed. If it is a shopping mall, you can call security or call the Police to have their car ticketed. I recommend that if you see this, even you are not going to park in the EV only stall.

11. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

They are in Florida. Fine is the same as for parking on a handicapped spot. Took some lobbying but that's been law here since July 2012 and ICE'ing is almost non-existent here.