Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting into frunk when 12V battery is disconnected & doors are locked for 2012 Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Team,

I searched the forum before posting it but honestly I might have missed it

I am getting 2012 Tesla Model S which has battery disconnected & doors are locked(Including frunk). I was wondering is there any way I can access the battery without going through drastic steps like breaking window or something stupid?

I am hoping there might be some kind of lever or something behind the nosecone or Can I hoop up power to terminals behind nose cone when battery is physically disconnected?

Thanks for your response .Right now car is in transit & want to be prepared how to handle it once delivered

Maybe. Look on Youtube for how to pop the nosecone off the front. There is a way when you open the frunk lid, but you can also use some trim tools, or plastic blades even some skinny screwdrivers at the tab along the places on the nosecone and it will come forward and off. Then on the driver side behind the nosecone there's battery posts.

Even watching the videos how to remove the nosecone with the frunk lid will help you understand how and where the nosecone tabs are.