Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting into Model Y unveil?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just checked out the Space X HQ around 2am today (as of 3:36am 3/14). I was in LA and I passed by the Space X HQ just to see how close I could get to the Design Center. And I was able to drive into the campus, passed the Space X warehouse. There's even supercharging available, so it seems accessible to anyone who wants to get next to the building.

I thought there would be a closed gate or guard, but there was a giant drive way, Here's a diagram of how I drove in. So I know I likely can at least be able to be right by the design center building, assuming that same gate is always open, which I think some late night SpX employees told me.

So where will the actual event be? I always see like a hanger facility and they open a giant hanger door that shows an airport. So will it be in one of those buildings north of the Tesla Design Center? If Elon said "LA Design Center" does he mean the literal building that says "Tesla Design Center" on google maps?

upload_2019-3-14_3-40-13.png

I tried to get in. But there was not as many people as I anticipated, it was like the size of a small comedy club. I was thinking it'd be like a packed movie theater on Star Wars opening night. But watching the stream, it's very quiet and feels more like a college lecture than a super exciting in your face premiere.

But security came up to me like they already knew I intended to bullshit my way in. they kept saying they knew me. Do they scope out these forums or did someone rat me out to Space X? One the security guards knew my last name, and I didn't show any ID or tell him. Never expected they would do this much work for an event crasher. Especially when I've crashed several "exclusive events". Besides the Emmy's Governors Ball, I crashed one of the most exclusive parties at Comic Con, where celebrities go. Like fans are waiting behind barricades like desperate people who wish they were in that party. I even saw Logan Paul there and got a picture with him.

I told them I've been to the Emmy's Gov Ball, and all the guy said is their security is not as good as them. I was impressed they even knew my name. If they knew my name, I am sure they are going really check guest like they could be sneaking in, and would not let anyone just bum rush their way in. Also, they did not use 3rd party mall cop grade security like CSC, which I was hoping for because its easier to BS your way through those security.

All they told me was to leave before they called police. They weren't mean, but they were very strict. Oh well, can't win them all. I usually only succeed at large convention centers b/c you got the huge crowd on your side and temporary security guards either don't see you or won't bother trying if you walk in like you belong.

Last edited:
Do they scope out these forums or did someone rat me out to Space X?

I have heard tales of folks getting contacted by Tesla about an issue they posted on the forums. That was back in the day when we had an official Tesla rep here, but I suspect there are lurker employees and they may have pointed this thread out.

Also, If you are an owner and use the same handle over on the official forums, you basically gave them everything they needed including a picture of yourself since your DL is uploaded to your account.

They also could have cross referenced Teslas (or just checked your plates from security footage) driving around SpaceX at 2AM, since you did announce you did that. Odds are, this was the easiest way to figure you out.

I have heard tales of folks getting contacted by Tesla about an issue they posted on the forums. That was back in the day when we had an official Tesla rep here, but I suspect there are lurker employees and they may have pointed this thread out.

Also, If you are an owner and use the same handle over on the official forums, you basically gave them everything they needed including a picture of yourself since your DL is uploaded to your account.

They also could have cross referenced Teslas (or just checked your plates from security footage) driving around SpaceX at 2AM, since you did announce you did that. Odds are, this was the easiest way to figure you out.

I was driving around Space X at 2AM mainly to test if anyone would question me, and since nobody questioned me, I had the confidence to come back and try. If security came up to me that night, I would have probably not have came back. Me going there the night before was to test if security will randomly come up to me and know I'm not just another random employee.

If they were so good to know my name, how come they didn't even question me when I was lurking around their campus at 2am. If they would go so far to do that much research on a party crasher, to know their name, I wonder what would happen if some Tesla corporate employee started coming on this forum and bragged about this top secret project he / she is working on.

I was driving around Space X at 2AM mainly to test if anyone would question me, and since nobody questioned me, I had the confidence to come back and try. If security came up to me that night, I would have probably not have came back. Me going there the night before was to test if security will randomly come up to me and know I'm not just another random employee.

Well, next time use better COMSEC.

If they were so good to know my name, how come they didn't even question me when I was lurking around their campus at 2am. If they would go so far to do that much research on a party crasher, to know their name, I wonder what would happen if some Tesla corporate employee started coming on this forum and bragged about this top secret project he / she is working on.

How did they figure out your name? Are you a notorious gate crasher? Have a restraining order against you? What is it?

I added the Model Y reveal to my “Super” charger road trip. When I got to the event and saw the long line of people wearing badges I just walked back to my car and watched the event on my iPad. I could hear it before it showing up on YouTube. Then when the event was over I mingled with the crowd. I checked out the new V3 supercharger and watched the Model Y drive back-and-forth 100 times. All in all it was worth the effort. Plus I hit up every supercharger in Southern California in one weekend. A guys got to have something to do in retirement. Heading home, hoping to pick up the last California Superchargers in Yosemite.

-Randy

How did they figure out your name? Are you a notorious gate crasher? Have a restraining order against you? What is it?

I crash whatever event I feel like. Big conventions like E3 & Comic Con are the easiest just because the attendees outnumber security by alot. House parties of celebrities are very easy if you know where their house is. Sometimes, I sneak into lower level or floor seats with nose bleed tickets, or go backstage. The biggest one so far is the Emmys Gov Ball.

The Tesla one I guess was harder, mainly because they have their own security team / not using CSC security. It wasn't crowded enough. The event space was small. And maybe have secret spies who watch these forums or someone here ratted me out? All that happened was some guy said my name, I asked how you know my name, and he said "we did our homework". I told them I drive the Model 3.

No restraining order. I just had to leave that day. All they said is they will call the cops so I would actually leave rather than pretend to leave, and they sent their Space X armed security guard to follow me off the property. But good for them, hope Elon Musk given his security raises from stopping a gate crasher.

Last edited:
Jetflacon, if this story is real you should make a youtube channel or something. Also, if they did that much work to figure out who you are and what you were trying to do, they should have just invited you in!

I post some videos of me sneaking into other events. But I need to learn how to edit so I could put more cinema quality into it so it's more interesting to watch. I watched Zac Alsop's videos which he got many views of him sneaking in, but I think it's mainly because he has good narration and editing in his video.

I post some videos of me sneaking into other events. But I need to learn how to edit so I could put more cinema quality into it so it's more interesting to watch. I watched Zac Alsop's videos which he got many views of him sneaking in, but I think it's mainly because he has good narration and editing in his video.

Your video of you tossing your deceased pet’s body like a rag doll was probably good for a couple subscribers. Stay classy.