TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Getting McAfee Warning with TMC?!

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by GoTslaGo, Nov 21, 2016.

1. GoTslaGo

GoTslaGo Learning Member

Never seen this before with TMC. See the top warning:

TMC_McAfee_WebAdvisor.jpg

2. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Does it specify what it's blocking? Sometimes someone may have embedded an image that comes from an untrusted site. Does it happen on any other pages?

3. GoTslaGo

GoTslaGo Learning Member

I didn't click on the button to say what it was. It did happen on a bunch of other pages as well. Did not seem to be related to any embedded links (which the McAfee will do and pop up the warning--I never click on the McAfee option, so I never know what it is). I've only seen it last night on the desktop. Will check it out again tonight.

4. GoTslaGo

GoTslaGo Learning Member

Well, I was happily reading through my usual suspects of threads with no warning. Then I went to post on this thread that I had no warnings, when lo-and-behold, the warning again!? And there are no embedded links here.

McAfeeWarningD2.jpg

5. GoTslaGo

GoTslaGo Learning Member

Out of curiosity I clicked the "View blocked contents" bar. The page became normal again. Go figure?!