Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting new tires? Don’t forget to ask for a prorate credit!

AZAV8R

Aug 29, 2020
Arizona
At 22k miles, HAL needs new shoes. WTF? All 4 wearing evenly, just right at (mostly) 4/32. This is not a post about why, it’s about my saving some serious coin on 4 Michelin PSP4 AS’s. I had just decided between those and the Crossclimate2 and was ordering from Discount, when the bell went off: 22k miles vs. 45k warranty!
Long story short, I got $115 prorated credit for each of my MXM’s, bringing the PSP’s to $83 each. Sure can’t complain about that.

Getting ready to buy new tires? Don't forget the prorate!

😎

Ren.OG

Jul 13, 2021
San Diego
Yes, this is awesome.

I once had the same issue with a battery and got paid $1.78 because the new one was slightly cheaper.
Gotta love Costco.

eCharcoal

Aug 31, 2017
Chicagoland
At 22k miles, HAL needs new shoes. WTF? All 4 wearing evenly, just right at (mostly) 4/32. This is not a post about why, it’s about my saving some serious coin on 4 Michelin PSP4 AS’s. I had just decided between those and the Crossclimate2 and was ordering from Discount, when the bell went off: 22k miles vs. 45k warranty!
Long story short, I got $115 prorated credit for each of my MXM’s, bringing the PSP’s to $83 each. Sure can’t complain about that.

Getting ready to buy new tires? Don't forget the prorate!

😎
Did you need to file claim with the manufacturer or Discount Tire does all the work for you? How did you get paid?

gearchruncher

Sep 20, 2016
Seattle, WA
Technically, Michelin discontinued mileage warranties on OEM tires for cars Model year 2018 or newer. Great if your tire shop did it, but it's no longer the Michelin policy. Basically no Model 3 is covered.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC