Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting new wheels and tires with no $120 BT TPMS sensors. What error will display?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You don’t need the Tesla OEM sensors. I’m running these $119 USD for a set of 4. Had them for 4 years in my summer set with no issues. They require programming, but I already had the tool as I use it to reset my other 3 vehicles twice a year.

Autel MaxiTPMS MX Sensor 4pcs Universal Tire Sensor Dual Frequency 315MHz/433MHz TPMS Sensor Metal Stem Programmable by TS508 TS408 TS508WF TS608 MS906TS ITS600 MS906PRO-TS Amazon.com

Hi @coleAK (nice to see you back, I had not seen any posts from you in a while).

Starting sometime around 2021, tesla swapped to bluetooth TPMS sensors. Before that, they used a pretty standard TPMS. Since that time, you need to have a bluetooth TPMS sensor. Aftermarket bluetooth TPMS are fairly rare, in fact I think only a couple of vendors have aftermarket ones, and the OEM ones are 70-80 each, I think.

Reactions: coleAK
Hi @coleAK (nice to see you back, I had not seen any posts from you in a while).

Starting sometime around 2021, tesla swapped to bluetooth TPMS sensors. Before that, they used a pretty standard TPMS. Since that time, you need to have a bluetooth TPMS sensor. Aftermarket bluetooth TPMS are fairly rare, in fact I think only a couple of vendors have aftermarket ones, and the OEM ones are 70-80 each, I think.
Thanks for the heads up.

As per the OP, it’s up to you if you want to deal with the warning and no TPMS. I ran with no TPMS on 3 of my vehicles in the winter for years before I bought the TPMS tool redressed above ~5 years ago. That said looking back I should have made the buy sooner.

If it were me I would have prioritized TPMS over PPF and tint…. My experience with PPF is it is fairly useless in harsh conditions, had it on my M3 for the first 2 winters.

Reactions: 804son
If you blow a tire and you don't feel it in the steering or suspension, did you really "blow" a tire? TPMS isn't going to help you if you have a tire blow out going 75mph on the freeway. It will alert you to a leak, but not a catastrophic tire failure.
I guess what I meant was you pick up a nail. Slow leak which tpms would have picked up and you keep driving. Now it’s a full blow out. That could have been avoided.

EBAY has them for $185 U.S for a set of 4. I have them and they work perfectly

I was talking about "value" in this thread earlier, and how its different for everyone (and thats fine, as I said). For me, there is no value in buying something like that from some random schmoe / schomette on ebay. "I" would rather buy them from someplace I would be able to contact if there was an issue.

I dont personally find any value in using ebay (or any other random "offer up" type of website) for something like that. It wouldnt have to be tesla, but for me, it would have to be some sort of business, like @MODEL+ , @TSportline , or another business entity (along with the increase in price that brings).

Everyones different, but my risk tolerance is low, and I am not very big on person to person sales (or ebay or sites like it in general).

Reactions: MODEL+
I was talking about "value" in this thread earlier, and how its different for everyone (and thats fine, as I said). For me, there is no value in buying something like that from some random schmoe / schomette on ebay. "I" would rather buy them from someplace I would be able to contact if there was an issue.

I dont personally find any value in using ebay (or any other random "offer up" type of website) for something like that. It wouldnt have to be tesla, but for me, it would have to be some sort of business, like @MODEL+ , @TSportline , or another business entity (along with the increase in price that brings).

Everyones different, but my risk tolerance is low, and I am not very big on person to person sales (or ebay or sites like it in general).
To each their own. If they are fakes, then they are darn good ones. They certainly appear to be OEM Tesla sensors and like I said, they paired up with my car instantly and I haven't had any issues so far. If all else fails, I will take the original sensors out of my Uberturbines and swap them out

Thanks again for the tag @jjrandorin !

We absolute take pride in our customer service to this community. After having sold thousands of these sensors, we are pretty confident in delivering. We certainly aren't the race to the bottom (pricing) type of business. But In the rare instance that theres are any issues, we will take care of it!

IMG_0331.jpg
IMG_0332.jpg

We almost always have these in-stock and ready to ship!

Danny

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Thanks again for the tag @jjrandorin !

We absolute take pride in our customer service to this community. After having sold thousands of these sensors, we are pretty confident in delivering. We certainly aren't the race to the bottom (pricing) type of business. But In the rare instance that theres are any issues, we will take care of it!

View attachment 865492View attachment 865493

We almost always have these in-stock and ready to ship!

Danny
Danny! Sent an email to your website!

Please get in touch as soon as you can!

Thanks!

Danny! Sent an email to your website!

Please get in touch as soon as you can!

Thanks!

If you are trying to ping them, I would suggest tagging their user name, which (unless they turned it off, which I doubt) will show them a notification that they were mentioned. Like this: @MODEL+

If you are trying to ping them, I would suggest tagging their user name, which (unless they turned it off, which I doubt) will show them a notification that they were mentioned. Like this: @MODEL+
Thanks! Will do just that!

There are a bunch of "Ebay" folks out there but I would like to go with a Vendor here that many folks have used! One thing on a bunch of the "Ebay" sites that show the BLE TPMS sensors is that they do not accept returns....Not a company/person I would choose to work with!