Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting Paint corrected & Ceramic coating plus Window Tint :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wanted to show you guys the front window tint
Shop used Rayno S7 20% ceramic tint

View attachment 566596
I spoke to Anderson last week as well based on your post. You car is beautiful! I have the same color MY, received it on July 6th. Did you have any coating applied to your door trim? Like some other posters, I went to a touchless car wash and now have discoloration on the trim in which says Tesla says isn't covered under the warranty.
Also, did you ceramic coat the wheels? And why did you opt for the panoramic roof tint in addition to the tint that comes from the factory? Do you recommend it or is it just an aesthetic preference? Sorry for all the questions, new to Tesla and their paint issues.

I spoke to Anderson last week as well based on your post. You car is beautiful! I have the same color MY, received it on July 6th. Did you have any coating applied to your door trim? Like some other posters, I went to a touchless car wash and now have discoloration on the trim in which says Tesla says isn't covered under the warranty.
Also, did you ceramic coat the wheels? And why did you opt for the panoramic roof tint in addition to the tint that comes from the factory? Do you recommend it or is it just an aesthetic preference? Sorry for all the questions, new to Tesla and their paint issues.

You can ask all the questions you want! This is why we have this forum place, to share. Coating has been applied to pretty much every part of exterior. Even plastic pieces on the rear bumper. Trims, windows, etc how bad is the trim now after the wash? Would you mind sharing some photos? I have not tint the glass roof yet and im not sure if i still want to. Anderson had it polished (didn’t know you could polish glass too lol but definitely looked better and crystal clear after polish/ceramic coat) and coated for now Im sure weather will get hotter soon but i don’t feel like it needs additional layer of tint as I don’t really feel hot at all inside the car. Wheels are coated and my new wheels will get coated also once it gets to corsa in about a week :) for discoloration on the trims I would definitely call Anderson and see if there is anything they can do about the discoloring, they do some magic over there and might be able to get it out for you. I noticed official Feynlab detailer certification in his office so they definitely knows what they are doing :)

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply. Tesla’s Mobile service came out and was able to remove the discoloration on the trim with low-grade rubbing compound. rIt looks as it did when I purchased the car. While the discoloration not quite as bad as some of the the pics from other members, the discoloration was similar. I will post tomorrow from my phone. They also replaced the rear taillight which had major condensation after a took it to a touch less car wash based on one of the Tesla advisor,s recommendation .

You’re replacing the wheels, your car will be ! Make sure you post pics.

Just got this new picture from Anderson @ Corsamotorsports!! He said he will send me more after lunch lol I need springs or coilovers asap haha

34620D84-ADC0-4ADA-80AB-6104F197CA12.jpeg

Wow OP your Y came out amazing! Just ordered one on Friday in black as well for the wife. She wanted to wrap it in satin black but might have to go this route. Was thinking of adding PPF to the front bumper, hood, fenders and mirrors because hearing the paint sucks on Tesla’s.

Wow OP your Y came out amazing! Just ordered one on Friday in black as well for the wife. She wanted to wrap it in satin black but might have to go this route. Was thinking of adding PPF to the front bumper, hood, fenders and mirrors because hearing the paint sucks on Tesla’s.

Thank you! And congrats on new Model Y! This was my first Tesla and Im so much in love with it haha if you are in southern california hit up anderson@corsamotorsports, all the information should be on the first post of this thread :) they do PPF (clear bra & paint correction/coating) and much more.

• Helpful
Reactions: Berkshire1
Thank you! And congrats on new Model Y! This was my first Tesla and Im so much in love with it haha if you are in southern california hit up anderson@corsamotorsports, all the information should be on the first post of this thread :) they do PPF (clear bra & paint correction/coating) and much more.
Just looked them up and they’re down the street from me. I messaged them on IG waiting for reply. I was quoted from someone else for 3k paint correction, ceramic coating and ppf.