Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting questions answered after your number comes up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla wrote me that my turn came up for the model 3 last week and to reply to the email if I had questions. I did reply and got no answer. They sent me a reminder Monday and again I replied and got no response. Did others have this experience? It makes me question putting down $50,000 with such a poor customer experience.

Also, is there any way to test drive one? Thanks!

Sounds like an odd experience. It is possible that they are backed up and have not found the answers yet. If the questions are not too personal feel free to ask here and we can try to answer them for you.

You would have to find an owner to get a test drive at this point.

These were my questions if anyone here knows. Thanks:

1. If I want the long range battery with standard package will that be available sooner than the standard battery package in late '18? Also, can you tell me if the standard package will have heated seats in the front (the information on the website says all seats are heated in the premium but doesn't say whether standard has front heated or no heated at all)?
2. If I hold my place, does that mean I stay at the front of the line, meaning I could come back any time this year and still get the long-range/premium package with 3-6 weeks lead time?

1 - I haven't seen any definitive indication as to when the base interior and other interior colors will be available. Tesla said it won't happen until after they hit 2,000/week (this summer), but not really when it would happen. I would personally be surprised to see it before the small battery is shipping. Regarding heated seats in the front without the Premium Upgrade Package, Tesla's wording can be read both ways. You won't get a definitive answer here and the sales people at Tesla itself may not even have that information.

2 - You were in the line of people that were waiting for their reservation to allow them to configure the car. When you configure the car, you get put into the end of the line for delivery of cars for everyone that had submitted orders at that point. If you wait 2 weeks to configure your order, you are behind everyone that had configured their order in those 2 weeks. Tesla has been limiting the number of people that are invited to configure at any one point so that they can maintain the 3-6 week window between configuration and delivery of the actual car. When new options like all-wheel-drive are released, there will be a major spike in the number of people that configure their cars so at times like that, Tesla may not be able to maintain the 3-6 week window.

When I received my configuration invite, I went old school and called the closest Tesla sales center. Spent 10 minutes talking to someone there and got all of my questions answered. There are communication methods besides text messages and e-mail.

Reactions: peninsula
Tesla wrote me that my turn came up for the model 3 last week and to reply to the email if I had questions. I did reply and got no answer. They sent me a reminder Monday and again I replied and got no response. Did others have this experience? It makes me question putting down $50,000 with such a poor customer experience.

Same thing happened to me. I was invited on 3/22 and sent an email the same day. Never heard back.

Found all my answers on TMC.

They should just take that part out of the emails.

I believe I was flat-out lied to when I visited the Sunnyvale, CA store about 2 weeks ago. When I asked about level 2 charging at home, I was told by a salesperson that no NEMA 14-50 charger/cables were included with the car, and indeed a set IS included. Then I asked if Tesla sold a Model 3 Aero Wheel Cap Kit, again I was told no, and he wasn't aware that they existed.

I was given the link to Tesla's accessories web page, by a kind soul on Model3ownersclub.com, and found both items. I then asked the salesguy if I could look at an M3 that was my configuration (blue with aero wheels), that was on the side lot awaiting delivery, and again I got another NO, "that part of the lot was for employees only." Needless to say, I'm not a happy camper, and have thought about asking for my $3500 back. Thanks for reading this. I feel better ;-)

I believe I was flat-out lied to when I visited the Sunnyvale, CA store about 2 weeks ago. When I asked about level 2 charging at home, I was told by a salesperson that no NEMA 14-50 charger/cables were included with the car, and indeed a set IS included. Then I asked if Tesla sold a Model 3 Aero Wheel Cap Kit, again I was told no, and he wasn't aware that they existed.

I was given the link to Tesla's accessories web page, by a kind soul on Model3ownersclub.com, and found both items. I then asked the salesguy if I could look at an M3 that was my configuration (blue with aero wheels), that was on the side lot awaiting delivery, and again I got another NO, "that part of the lot was for employees only." Needless to say, I'm not a happy camper, and have thought about asking for my $3500 back. Thanks for reading this. I feel better ;-)
I have found that some sales people have no idea what they are talking about. I have always found TMC & M3OC to be much more reliable.

Hang in there, we will have our cars soon and can forget about this type of nonsense.
Just hope its cleared up by the time non enthusiasts order them.

Reactions: Petesjca

In my experience with installing solar panels w/ Tesla, communication is always the biggest issue.