Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting ready for my MYLR. Anything I have to do before pick up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
Ordered my MYLR on March 26, 2022. Currently, EDD is supposed to be Octorber 26-November 23.
Very excited to pick up my Tesla next month. However, since this is my first time buying a car, I would like to know if there is anything or a process I need to follow before picking up the vehicle. I did some research and couldn’t find any details. I asked some friends who own a car (non-Tesla) and they said they just go and pick up the car from their dealer. (Ex: license plate, ...etc?)

I don’t want to mess up with my first car pick-up so any information would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Reactions: TezlaTO
Hi,
Ordered my MYLR on March 26, 2022. Currently, EDD is supposed to be Octorber 26-November 23.
Very excited to pick up my Tesla next month. However, since this is my first time buying a car, I would like to know if there is anything or a process I need to follow before picking up the vehicle. I did some research and couldn’t find any details. I asked some friends who own a car (non-Tesla) and they said they just go and pick up the car from their dealer. (Ex: license plate, ...etc?)

I don’t want to mess up with my first car pick-up so any information would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.
If you haven't got your Tesla account on your phone app, this is a good time to do so.

You'll need Tesla phone app to accept the delivery and unlock your car.

If you haven't got a home charging setup, it's a good time to do so. Ordering a portable mobile connector or a permanent wall connector might take some time.

At the delivery, if your car is on Supercharger, it is free before you accept the car. Once you accept the car, the cost starts from that time.

Make sure you have enough charge to arrive to the next charger (usually, it's your home)

You'll get your plate, title, registration in the mail.

Last edited:
Not sure if you're doing a downpayment but if so, be sure to bring a bank draft - they don't take any other payment for delivery.

If you're doing $0, it's pretty straight forward - sign some papers, check your vehicle over, accept delivery enjoy!

Plates will already be on, Assumed you've taken care of insurance too? Bring copy if not.

I just took delivery 2 weeks ago of my Y, replaced my 3, best decision ever.