Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting Ready to Mount Winter Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

brantse

Supporting Member
May 18, 2015
Somerset, PA
I snagged a set of 19" FIVE:AD wheels on ebay for $300. I have no idea what the story is with these wheels, but they were brand new, however, 2 were black w/ red accent, 1 was bronze, and 1 was silver. I liked the look of the black/red so much that I figured it was worth the effort to pinstripe the other two to match. I'm really excited and planning to put them on this weekend. It's one of those things that although you think you can picture it, I really don't know what it's going to look like, when mounted. I suppose I have a very small concern that I won't like the overall look.

IMG_20150826_162857259_HDR.jpg

As I should have expected, the lug nut bore diameter for these wheels are very small and require narrow "tuner" style lugs. The thing I didn't anticipate is that even tuner lugs didn't fit the opening. Apparently these wheels must have been designed for M12 studs, whereas the MS uses M14. So, I've decided to bore out this opening just enough to provide clearance for the lug.

IMG_20151029_213549306.jpg

IMG_20151103_142155175_HDR.jpg