Getting close to placing an order for a model S. I could definitely use some help. First, a little background - I currently have a 335xi which fits both of our car seats in the back row. Our third son is due this Christmas so I'm going to need something larger to fit three car seats across the back. I drive 25-35 miles on most days and 100 miles once a week. My wife is a realtor and would probably use my car instead of her X5 if she has longer drives to do for showings. I also looked at an Audi A6/S6 or BMW 535. Both seem to be quite a bit tighter fitting everyone in. There is a good chance we will move in the next 6 months, so I'm considering not having a charger installed in this house. It's kind of a tricky install and I'd prefer not to spend on the install twice. I've looked at plugshare and there seem to be a couple of chargers near my home and work. Contemplating between a 70D, 85D, or 90D. We live in Chicago, so cold weather performance and snow handling are important.
Thanks in advance.
- Do you guys think the 85D or 90D would be worth the extra $10000-$13000 for me? I definitely enjoyed the acceleration and can afford to spend it, but it just feels like a lot. Is the 90D battery technology a plus?
- Any regrets with the panoramic roof in the summer with heat coming through?
- We take a 400 mile trip a couple of times per year. How many stops would I have to make along the way? How much extra time would I need to plan for?
- I saw that there is a $2000 credit for referrals from OH or VA. Any way to make sure that they are in fact in one of those states?
- Any better loan options I should be looking at?
- I've heard some grumblings of some changes this February or March. I don't mind waiting a couple of months if in fact this may be true. I will probably wait until January to take delivery of a 2016 model.
Thanks in advance.