Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting ready to wrap my console, but...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed that the area surrounding the cup holder isn't the piano slick surface as the two areas directly in front of the cup holder area. The cup holder area surface is rough, I thought it was dirty so I cleaned that area and it's still not slick. My concern is that when I apply the wrap (white, of course) it will still be kinda rough looking and may even show the poor quality of the surface.

So the question is, is this normal, is everyone's rough to the feel?

I noticed that the area surrounding the cup holder isn't the piano slick surface as the two areas directly in front of the cup holder area. The cup holder area surface is rough, I thought it was dirty so I cleaned that area and it's still not slick. My concern is that when I apply the wrap (white, of course) it will still be kinda rough looking and may even show the poor quality of the surface.

So the question is, is this normal, is everyone's rough to the feel?

Post a picture please if you can. The entire rear cup holder section is smooth piano black that extends just inside the cup lip to finish at the bright trim. Identical material and texture to the front two pieces.

I actually did take several shots, but since it's black, it's not like you can get a shot of a shadow that shows the irregularity. If it were any color but black I could probably get a shadowed shot showing the irregularity, but black is black (I want my baby back :)). So any suggestion on camera angle or light position, I'll try it.