Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting Rear Seatbelt Warning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

spokey

Aug 8, 2020
Flagtown
Anyone else seeing this?

On the 2/3 rear seat (I think that's the left) I get a seatbelt warning when it's down. Not sure if it's a regular one. Kind of looks like a child but maybe it's just the normal one. I don't get it 100% of the time but most of the time. The other side doesn't seem to do it.

Anyone know if these sensors can be adjusted? I have a number of items for an appointment and will put this on the list but thought I'd check in here to see if others had the problem and whether it was fixed.

Anyone else seeing this?

On the 2/3 rear seat (I think that's the left) I get a seatbelt warning when it's down. Not sure if it's a regular one. Kind of looks like a child but maybe it's just the normal one. I don't get it 100% of the time but most of the time. The other side doesn't seem to do it.

Anyone know if these sensors can be adjusted? I have a number of items for an appointment and will put this on the list but thought I'd check in here to see if others had the problem and whether it was fixed.

I tell it that there is a child seat on the middle seat, that gets rid of the warning message.

Yeah I had two adults in the back a week after buying my Y and they kept putting their snacks or hands leaning on the middle seat. It was very annoying so I found the setting by just trying to stop the noise. I have kept it in child mode or whatever it is, ever since!

so you don't have to set it for every drive? That would be good news.

Sounds like this is common enough that it's going to be "within spec". I'll probably complain anyway but won't expect much
Nope it stays, which is nice. I don't think about it ever! Its a safety feature but it does feel overly sensitive. If you do bring it up, they probably won't do much, but let us know!