TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Getting refund for roadster reservation

Discussion in 'Roadster 2020+' started by tomstation, May 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. tomstation

tomstation New Member

Hi,

Want to hear other's experience with getting roadster refubd. About three weeks ago I called and asked for my refund($50k: $5k through credit card, $45k through bank wiring), the person on the phone was very helpful. I got my $5k credit card refund within 2 days, but so far I still haven't gotten my remaining $45k through wiring after providing all the relevant informations to the refund team. The most frustrating part is I sent them several requests for confirmation, not one siNgle reply. As a long time Tesla supporter, I put down my first model S deposit in 2010 before model S gone into production. Never imagine they would drag their feet with refunding my money.

• Informative x 2
    • Funny x 2
  2. scottm

scottm Version 9 software sufferer

Apparently Tesla burned through your unrefunded deposit amount in seven minutes... these roadsters are goin' fast already!!

• Funny x 6
    • Love x 1
  3. croman

croman Active Member

For my model 3 it took 3 weeks to get a paper check.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  4. Johan Patfoort

Koop een Tesla
    Het is een money maker!
    Ik rijd al 3 jaar met model S

• Informative x 1
  5. Nicklittlejohn

Nicklittlejohn New Member

I bet some people are trolling and pretending to want refunds to try to harm TSLA stock value. That's sad.

• Disagree x 10
    • Like x 4
    • Funny x 1
  6. ACA Man

ACA Man Member

Do you know that for a fact?

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  7. Only

Only Member

Post count = 1
    Joined Aug 2014

Sleeper troll detected.

• Like x 5
    • Disagree x 2
    • Funny x 2
  8. Brock42

Brock42 New Member

Here's my refund story. A while after placing the deposit I retired and moved overseas, so on 6/30 I requested a refund. They were slow to respond, but on 7/17 I received a reply and went back and forth with a few emails to verify some details. I received a check dated 7/23 for $5000, and the $45000 wire to my bank on 7/27. All told, under 30 days to receive the full refund.

• Like x 5
    • Informative x 2
  9. SanDiegoGuy

SanDiegoGuy Member

So you moved to Thailand and live there now? I wonder how long you will you have to wait for your Roadster to be delivered to Thailand. I guess it would take a very long time. But driving a Roaster 2020 in Thailand would be cool.

• Like x 3
  10. Brock42

Brock42 New Member

Yup, great place to retire. When Tesla produces a right-hand-drive Roadster delivered in Thailand I'll be first in line.

• Like x 3
  11. Dalesp

Dalesp Member

I requested a refund, but via wire transfer back in my account.. the same way I paid the deposit. I was advised to submit void check, and within 20 days the refund should be completed. My Faith is lost in Tesla and definitely in Elon. Probably will sell my model S too.

• Funny x 4
  12. Lasairfion

Lasairfion Member

I don't see what Elon has to do with how you like the car?

I mean, I have a VAG group car and yet despite dieselgate causing VW's chief Martin Winterkorn to resign and Audi's chief, Rupert Stadler, and Porsche's powertrain chief, Jörg Kerner, being arrested, and Skoda's management trying to take bribes in Africa and then banning the sale of their cars through local distributors when they got reported by them for it....

It wouldn't put me off buying another car from any of those brands, or induce me to sell my current one before I intend to replace it.

• Like x 4
    • Informative x 1
    • Funny x 1
  13. Doko

Doko Member

At what point will those of you who have reservations decide to pull the plug? I'm as big of a supporter as most here and I'm not yet worried about the thought of losing my $50K deposit...on paper I've lost a few Roadsters today alone. But at what point will you consider the risk of losing your deposit cause you to act?

14. bobinfla

bobinfla S-Vin 4086 Rdstr-Vin 0019

Not even remotely on the horizon. I lost more than 4 Roadsters on paper today, so looking forward to the day when I have a real one to replace those . That will be a fantastic day to counterbalance some of these really bad ones.

• Like x 2
  15. Kgorilla37

Kgorilla37 Member

The waiting is hard. But in a year or so, there should be some new developments and then it will become exciting again.

16. Chartered321

Chartered321 Member

I've just contacted Tesla in order to get a refund of my Roadster signature edition, my aim is to invest the proceeds in the stock before earnings. My aim was only to support Elon and the Company through this bumpy road. I hope I'll get the money before October ends and in case I'm successful I won't hesitate in reserving again the roadster 2.0. I'll keep you updated with this experience on here. My first email to Tesla is dated October the 8th.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  17. bstronger

bstronger Member

I was told My roadster deposit was ‘approved’ and that I would have it by 9/20 but Not back yet. I have had to defer a Model 3 delivery as my 4 year old S to trade has been at the Watertown MA repair center for a Month. All in all very disappointing.

18. Chartered321

Chartered321 Member

I've got the money few minutes ago.. so it took 5 full working days. I'm ready to add some shares to my position!!

• Like x 4
    • Informative x 1
  19. bstronger

bstronger Member

I deposited in June and cancelled in August. No refund yet. Tesla has made 3 unkept promises
    To return $45k of my $50k deposit by wire transfer. I am going to have to take
    Them to court in Connecticut to get any attention to the dysfunction in the Tesla Finance
    Dept. RB Strong

20. neroden

neroden Model S Owner and Frustrated Tesla Fan

Tesla is sufficiently disorganized that they have messed up on very serious things. You are unfortunately right that taking them to court may be the only way to get them to *notice* how messed up their internal processes are. Be assured that they intend to do the right thing, but you still may have to file a lawsuit to get them to do it just because of sheer chaotic disorganization.

I have found that Tesla is more efficient at issuing refunds by paper check, so maybe you should just get that done.