TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Getting Ridiculous!

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Chipper, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

As you can see from my signature linemy MS was scheduled for delivery on 27 November. It arrived at the Marietta Service Center the evening of the 26 and I arrived at noon on the 27th for pick-up. BUT...there were paint issues, "transit damage", and an inoperable 17". This was not only my MS but two others as well were "transit damaged". Major problems exacerbated by the fact that no one bothered to tell me until I drove 100 miles in the snow to pick it up. Mea culpas later and requesting a loaner to return home in--a request that had to have higher up approval since I was not really an owner just yet--I returned home somewhat disappointed, but assured all would be well when I came to pick it up next week.
    Fast forward to this morning. I had a 10 AM appointment with my DS who called last night just to make sure I would be there on time because he had a busy day. Got up early to be able to drive the 100 miles back down to Marietta. When my GPS told me I was 12 minutes away from the service center I got a call from that same DS telling me my car would NOT be ready for pick-up since the ONLY Tesla authorized body shop in the entire southeast region had not repaired the paint issues specified. It didn't even look like they had tried!!!
    Third time's a charm???? We will see next Tuesday or Wednesday!!!

2. roblab

roblab Active Member

Not always third time. Communication is a major problem, I guess with any new fast growing company, and Customer Service especially in Service Centers has a long ways to go.

I would recommend you contact your Customer Experience Team, maybe the one at the Factory, and express the fact that communication HAS to improve. They really do want to make it work, and in my case, they hired a whole nother guy to handle the customer business at the Service Centers, as it seems that the Service Centers do best what they do best: Repair cars, not communicate. Tesla will get it right. You just might not live to see it :)

3. Grendal

Grendal Active Member

Sorry for your misfortune. Tesla still has a ways to go when it comes to communication. I'm glad they gave you a loaner to put the miles on instead of your new car.

In my experience, it always seems to be the person who already has a problem that more problems occur with. Murphy's law and all that.

Just keep in mind that those same Tesla people really want to take care of you and have your problems fixed and get you your new car but circumstances are likely preventing that from happening.

Good luck. I hope you get your car soon.

4. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

Two last minute failed deliveries and a repainted car (eventually), and you haven't even picked it up yet? Ouch, that's terrible. Being late sucks, but is understandable provided you get some notice. 10 minutes is not adequate notice.

5. lloyds

lloyds Member

Hang in there bud. You've been patient and if the 3rd time's still bad, then you definitely have something to complain about.

6. Bardlebee

Bardlebee Member

I would recommend to call your DS and have them schedule you to pick it up when they officially know it is good. As in, don't have them tell you "Oh it will be done by tomorrow at noon so swing by at 1PM" I mean have them tell you when its done THEN schedule your pickup. It will add an extra day to your wait but it will help communications.

Granted you shouldn't have to do this, but like others I would stress that you would like better communication in the future.

Being on this forum a lot I notice that the service is very good. The communication has something to be desired and hopefully this is something to fix as more people voice it. A growing company I imagine could run into something like this where the support team genuinely want to give you the best service, but they also want to do so for many other customers, so their communication gets fractured in the wake of popularity and increased demand.

Hang in there and I hope you enjoy your car!

7. martinwinlow

martinwinlow Member

Can't help feeling that T should be offering to deliver this one for free… MW

8. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

I hear you! Cuz after two failed attempts I don't yet have something to complain about...but after three I will definitely...(sorry for the sarcasm but I don't want "something to complain about". I want to experience the joy of ownership. I want the car that I have been dreaming about for years. I want to quit making appointments for delivery and tinting and Opticoat. I want the cessation of incompetence. I was the strongest advocate for Tesla in an area that had extremely few Model S. All my friends and relatives are asking me, "How is that new car?" and I don't want to have to continue to say, "I'll let you know when I finally get it." Virtually EVERYONE I have spoken to now think Tesla is a company of incompetent nincompoops. I KNOW that is not true, but experience is a a perception hard to overcome.

9. Sparrow

Sparrow S105/ Roadster 189

I wonder if talking with someone in the service center instead might be good. I know you need the DS for the actual delivery, but the service center people must be involved in the repair of your car. Anthony has always been great for me at the service center and Keith is the manager.

10. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

Thanks, Sparrow. I have spoken with Anthony and I agree he has been great. I have spoken with Keith too. And I even got a call from Jeff Liu at corporate. They are all aware, yet my car is not yet mine.

11. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

I am all for giving some leeway, but that is not acceptable. I would really expect them to offer to deliver to you when it's really ready next time...

12. gnelson

gnelson Member

Tesla Motors needs to ensure that your DS recieves a significant emotional event. The DS is not providing the quality service that you deserve. My DS was outstanding. Tesla Motors needs to ensure that all DS are as good as the one who delivered my Model S in Houston.

13. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

They DID indeed offer to deliver it to me in Chattanooga. In fact, they have offered it twice now. But I have not yet paid for the car. I have wanted to make sure I get exactly what I have paid for and that it is in the condition that it ought to be in. I do not want someone rolling it off a truck and saying, "There you go!" I am also concerned that truck hauling may be the reason so many of the cars are coming to owners out of alignment. I have seen how the flatbed haulers cinch down the wheels and then drive 100 miles over north Georgia bumps and grooves. It just seems possible that this is the reason. I want Tesla staff to assure me they have done EVERYTHING necessary to make this delivery right. I am retired and enjoy the driving, but I am very displeased by the continued lack of communication and fulfillment of job responsibility.

14. SeminoleFSU

SeminoleFSU Member

I had a similar experice. Delivery set days in advance and confirmed multiple times... last minute it's not ready. This after I set up an appointment with auto nation to trade in the car I drove to work in. I literally had no ride home if they didn't give me the car that night. So I ended up picking up a car wwith what felt like an incomplete detail. . Windows weren't clean and spots were missed on the wax

15. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

OUCH!! Did this happen to you recently? They wanted me to do the same thing but I told them, no. I have my wife's ICE and I am retired so I told them I would come back and get it when it was ready. When they do that once it's kinda forgivable, but when they do it twice... The first time it happened I got a call from Jeff Liu at Tesla corporate service. The second time all I am hearing is crickets. I am going to give him a call this afternoon and register my complaints directly.

16. bhuwan

bhuwan Active Member

you just can't satisfy everyone...

17. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

??? Not sure what this means. Do you think I am being unreasonable?

18. bonaire

bonaire Active Member

Everyone says this delivery model is better than dealerships. Paying full retail and getting below dealership level service is something the OP is complaining about.

19. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

Uhhh...no. I AM the OP. And I fully agree that this delivery model is better. But I am not complaining anything about paying full retail. I fully expected to pay what I paid and if I ever get what I am paying for I will be ecstatic. My complaint is that twice I have driven 100 miles to Atlanta having been told my car is ready for pick-up only to get there and have them tell me that it is NOT ready for pick-up. It is not even me that says it is not ready. It is the guys in the service department who are telling me when I get there.

20. jmara

jmara Member

The problem is not with the delivery model, it is the poor execution of the model by the DS.