Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting someone else to collect your new car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agent delivery: Has anyone had anyone else pick up their new car? What were your experiences?

So, I'm on the Isle of Man - population 80,000 and a daily boat to Heysham/Liverpool. If I collected the car myself I would have to quarantine for 14 days so I'm having an agent collect the car for me and drop it to the ferry. They've done this a few times before for customers on the island, so I'm not too worried about them.

On the other hand, there appears to be a not-insignificant number of collection-day defects that Tesla to their credit resolve at service centre appointments. I'm taking the risk as I won't be able to attend a service center until the pandemic shifts.
Has anyone else done anything similar? What were your experiences? Did it go smoothly? Did you sign for the car remotely?

Is there any chance you can quarantine for 14 days and collect the car your self? Gives you 14 days to sit in the car and play / wax / polish!
Personally I would choose that as an option and collect my self, I appreciate the agent collection idea, but this is a Tesla! Call me negative but there is bound to be something wrong! Maybe inform Tesla its not being collected by yourself and see what they say about documenting any issues with say 24 hours?