TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Getting tailgated by old, beat up cars CONSTANTLY!!!!

Discussion in 'Model X' started by MyMidnight, Oct 1, 2018.

1. MyMidnight

MyMidnight Member

Does anybody getting really angry when getting tailgated by older/used/abused cars?

I am so frustrated by people in 2002 Honda Civics and similar cars who seem to want to tailgate me no matter what. If I am doing the speed limit, going over the speed limit and/or am totally stuck behind somebody else, I keep getting tailgated! I never sit in the left lane unless it is to pass someone. I drive normally..like 40 in a 35 or 72 in a 65, etc. Today, I was waiting to make a left hand turn when a very, VERY old BMW practically took off my rear bumper because he was swerving around me while I was waiting to turn. I drive with my rear camera visible, so I can see how close these people are getting. I just don't get it. Why would these people want to rear end me and make their (and mine) lives hell?

Don't these people realize that this car, after upgrades, is $110,000?????? SERIOUSLY! Don't hit my freaking car!

Sorry for the rant!

• Disagree x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
  2. dlsspy

dlsspy Member

I almost got rear-ended by a Tesla Model X yesterday.

I do sometimes have people disappear from the view of my mirrors. That's always exciting.

Getting angry doesn't help, though. It only causes you harm without having any effect on other drivers.

• Like x 2
  3. outie

outie Active Member

#3 outie, Oct 1, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
    "Objects in camera are closer than they appear". Seriously, just stop looking at the rear cam while you drive and ignore tailgaters. It's dangerous.

• Like x 7
    • Disagree x 2
    • Love x 1
  4. Derek Kessler

Derek Kessler Active Member

The rear camera's wide angle makes things appear much closer than they actually are. Nobody is driving any closer to you than they were in whatever car you had before this and they certainly don't care how much it cost you. Relax.

• Love x 4
    • Like x 3
  5. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

6. David99

David99 Active Member

Actually the opposite is true. It is an extreme wide angle. That makes things look further away than it is because of the different field of view.

• Like x 2
  7. chriswongus

chriswongus Lancair_360

I agree. It looks further than actual.

8. nitrox05

nitrox05 Member

+1, this fixed my problem. Because of regen people (tesla slows down faster than their car) were tailgating me until I installed it. Now worst case scenario they hit their bumper and I don't get any damage

• Love x 1
  9. bxr140

bxr140 Active Member

#9 bxr140, Oct 2, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    I find that in times of ‘why is the world always out to get me’ it’s best to look inward for the solution. If people truly are tailgating and generally driving erratically around one particular driver/vehicle, it’s typically not everyone else that’s the problem...

• Like x 2
  10. GalaxySurfer

GalaxySurfer Life, The Universe and Everything.

I actually bought side mirror decals "Objects in mirror are losing"

11. jsmay311

jsmay311 Member

Poor people are the worst, AMIRITE??? If you can't even afford a late model BMW, you shouldn't be allowed on the road, IMO. o_O

• Funny x 3