Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting Tesla Sponsorship

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ma91pmh

Sep 20, 2012
Hall
I have been trying to reach out to various people at Tesla to inquire about their willingness to sponsor a prestige travel event. It would be an opportunity to showcase the brand uniquely to a predominantly American but also European and Asian crowd. Problem is I have literally not been able to get a response from anyone. Emailed contacts at the New York store (I am Model S reservation holder) - no reply. Tried to LinkedIn some of the marketing team - no reply.

Any suggestions on how to get a response? Even if it's go fry ice we're not interested, that beats being ignored

Tesla has historically been on the other side of sponsorships. Would not imagine that they are now flush enough to expend monies or time.

Also in the past they have not supported "green" events or even done much with car shows. That may change with the new more mainstream car but they get people begging them to do events all the time. Private car owners often fill in the need for vehicle appearances.

As far as we can tell, Tesla's marketing budget is incredibly small. This is with good reason, because as Elon has repeatedly pointed out, they have a supply problem, not a demand problem. Plus, they have a bit of a cash flow problem, so sponsorships are probably the last thing on their minds right now. Try back in a few months or a year and see if there's still a long waitlist of people waiting for their cars. If not, then I imagine Tesla (newly flush with the payments for thousands of cars) will be more willing to listen to these types of pitches.

Thanks for the feedback. I think I will try the twitter channel. I appreciate the thoughts on whether or not participation from Tesla is likely or not. For sure they do not have a demand problem right now, that said they are trying to build their presence in other markets. But anyway that is beside the point. I'd be happy to get an "eff off we are not interested" but getting no response at all is kind of annoying. Frankly as an enthusiast waiting for my own Tesla to be delivered, it doesn't fill me with warm and fuzzy about customer service. Let us take a look or thanks but no thanks is easy enough to come up with.

I have been trying to reach out to various people at Tesla to inquire about their willingness to sponsor a prestige travel event.
If by sponsorship, you mean providing you with a car, that may be asking a bit much. But aside from the cost of sponsorship, if they are not sponsoring events, they won't have anyone in a position to evaluate and respond to your proposal. They've got engineers designing cars, experts designing the production facility, sales staff to interact with the public, service staff to repair cars and do maintenance, etc. But thy don't have anybody whose job it is to evaluate and respond to requests like yours, which means that it would have to be addressed at the highest levels, where executives are probably working 100-hour weeks. The person who reads emails probably just doesn't know where to send yours, and so it gets left in the pile.

... go fry ice ...
Very nice turn of phrase! :biggrin: