Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

getting the best price for a trade-in at Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had read on this forum (or that I could get a value of my trade-in from Vroom, Carvana, or Carmax and that Tesla would match the best offer. when I asked my sales advisor locally, he said that they only will match Carmax (not Vroom or Carvana). he also said that they will accept a Carmax bid from as far back as 60 days (despite that the Carmax bid says that it is good for 7 days).

Try blinker.com, it's an app that helps you sell your car. It's FREE which is awesome but also helps protect you and the buyer.

I sold my truck in just over 2 weeks. It'll walk you through the taking the photos and everything.

I also spent $5 on CL but the ad pointed back to blinker. Ended up with 5k more than trade in.

Honestly if I were you I would try to sell it privately and then trade in as a last resort.

I ended up selling my Range Rover on an eBay motors auction and got double what I was being offered by Tesla, Carmax and Vroom. Tesla gave the worst bid of the lot.