Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting the Sirius/XM radio code from a JVC unit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Timbrewer

Roadster Signature #29
Jul 7, 2013
Greenbelt, MD, USA
Apologies for not finding the answer in thread searching...

I'm wanting to activate my Satellite radio in the JVC unit in my 1.5 Roadster. I have the manual and when I attempt to get the code on the display it doesn't seem to work. I thought I did this when I first bought it 5 years ago.

Has anyone had success in getting the radio code to display on the JVC?
I think the code is also on a label on the unit somewhere too, may have to go into Tesla service center anyway for a bad tire pressure monitor warning so could have them look at this tooo..

Thanks!!

Tim

I believe I used the "Band" button to bring up the Satellite band, then I held down the "Band" button and that brought up a list which included the radio number. I scrolled down to that and hit the "Enter" button.

It took me a while to find this but I fiddled a while and eventually got it. It is something like this:

1) Tune Sirius
2) Press menu to get the AV menu
3) Choose "Setup"
4) Choose "Tuner" SiriusID might show up or be a menu option

Take a look on page 93 of this manual: kd-nx5000 instructions - JVC USA

Cheers,
Paul

Thank Paul,

I think I know how to get to the setup, it never occurred to me to select "Tuner" :)

I have this PDF manual, thank for posting it. There's so much info in it and I find it rather a challenge to get what I need from it :)

Tim

I have the one with Nav.
That's the KD-NX5000. There are actually two different "satellite" modules; XM and Sirius from before they merged. I don't know which one was included with the Roadster, but my bet is Sirius based on the wiring. (I added mine later)
For XM: Use the "AV" button to set the radio to Satellite, and then tune to channel 0. The ID will be displayed.
For Sirius: While displaying AV on the screen (not maps or phone), push the menu button, select Setup, and then select the Tuner option. "SIRIUS ID" should be the third option.

The other JVC head unit is KD-R900, which does not have navigation. To get the Sirius ID on this unit, push and hold the menu button to get into the setup menu. Select Tuner and then the first option: Sirius ID. (I pulled this unit out of my Roadster and installed it in my other vehicle)

That's the KD-NX5000. There are actually two different "satellite" modules; XM and Sirius from before they merged. I don't know which one was included with the Roadster, but my bet is Sirius based on the wiring. (I added mine later)
For XM: Use the "AV" button to set the radio to Satellite, and then tune to channel 0. The ID will be displayed.
For Sirius: While displaying AV on the screen (not maps or phone), push the menu button, select Setup, and then select the Tuner option. "SIRIUS ID" should be the third option.

The other JVC head unit is KD-R900, which does not have navigation. To get the Sirius ID on this unit, push and hold the menu button to get into the setup menu. Select Tuner and then the first option: Sirius ID. (I pulled this unit out of my Roadster and installed it in my other vehicle)
The Sirius direction worked for me today, soon will have more music choices and get to see if the Sat radio reception is good or not!

Thanks Supersnoop.