Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting Title to My Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Soooo, I am leased a Model X. It's my second one. I've decided I really like this one and over a month ago I asked Tesla Finance to give me a payout figure. They sent it through and initially they said that they had the tax component wrong. They then confirmed that the tax figure was correct and sent me the contract to buy it out. I transferred the money to them via the Tesla app, which they confirmed receipt of, and I finalized and signed the contract they sent me. I am shipping the car to another part of the US, so need the title for legal reasons. I paid and tesla received their money on 18 May. I have been calling and emailing them since then to get the title and they keep saying they'll come back to me. Yesterday I called and screamed at them because I never hear back from anyone. I received an email overnight and they said, the tax is wrong so I should send them some more money. They already double checked it (and I have it all in writing) in the second week of May and confirmed then that the price was correct. Where do I stand? I can't seem to escalate this to anyone and am so frustrated that their offices take so long to do anything. Does anyone have any advice on who I can email? So beyond frustrated at the moment and I just want to ship my car as I've now moved and don't have a car....