Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting to Tesla Newbridge (Edinburgh) by public transport?

Tonybvi

Jul 28, 2019
NE Scotland
Title says it all really! Barring unforeseen hitches I will be travelling to Edinburgh to pick up my new car next Saturday. A quick look at Google Maps, Trainline, Lothian Buses, etc shows that Tesla Newbridge ain’t an easy place to reach by public transport. To save me doing my own research I guess someone out there has done the trip. So what would you suggest as the best public transport options. I will be arriving by train from Stonehaven (Aberdeen - Edinburgh main line). Any suggestions please as to best station to get off the train at and onward transport? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Tony

Jellus

Jun 4, 2019
Scotland
May not help the OP, but for the benefit of future readers coming from the West, I got the Citylink bus from Glasgow and got off at this stop. Then it was a 10 minute walk over the footbridge and past McDonalds.

• Helpful
Reactions: Andy_T_73

Nky_84

Aug 9, 2019
Scotland
i got the train from Haymarket to Edinburgh Park and then went old school and walked through the underpass to the Gyle and got a taxi from the taxi rank outside Morrisons. think it was about £12

• Informative
Reactions: Tonybvi

Daverh

Jul 7, 2019
Newcastle
i got the train from Haymarket to Edinburgh Park and then went old school and walked through the underpass to the Gyle and got a taxi from the taxi rank outside Morrisons. think it was about £12

Options on Google maps

That's pretty much my plan A if my car doesn't sell before the new one arrives.

Plan B, if my car sells too early, is to buy a £200 banger to use for a few weeks then drive it to the car breakers down the road from the service centre. If they give me £50 and a lift back up the road then It'll be cheaper than hiring a car as a stop-gap.

Reactions: Tonybvi

BelfastEV

Jul 7, 2019
Belfast
Do Edinburgh do Sunday collections ?

I’m based in Belfast , hoping for early Nov collection from my mid July order but can’t do Sat 3rd Nov and then I’m away from Sat 10th Nov in holiday

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC