Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting tyres changed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I've just had two new ones put on the rear of my M3P, and can highly recommend these guys if your anywhere near Bishops Stortford.

Bishops Stortford Tyres | Book MOTs, Servicing & Tyres in Bishops Stortford | Protyre

They will go the extra mile to ensure that the wheels are taken care of. They also do their utmost to save a tyre. My mate had a puncture fixed on his Audi SQ5. He had filled it with the tyre gunge - they cleaned it all out, removed his temporary fix and sorted it.

I also had a slow leak fixed on the front nearside - it was the gasket seal on the valve, which they replaced.

Reactions: quentinsf
Hi all,

I've just had two new ones put on the rear of my M3P, and can highly recommend these guys if your anywhere near Bishops Stortford.

Bishops Stortford Tyres | Book MOTs, Servicing & Tyres in Bishops Stortford | Protyre

They will go the extra mile to ensure that the wheels are taken care of. They also do their utmost to save a tyre. My mate had a puncture fixed on his Audi SQ5. He had filled it with the tyre gunge - they cleaned it all out, removed his temporary fix and sorted it.

I also had a slow leak fixed on the front nearside - it was the gasket seal on the valve, which they replaced.

I would definitely second Rincewind‘s comments re Stortford Performance in Bishop Stortford. I had a screw in one of the tyres; I hadn’t lost any pressure but given the problems getting a puncher repaired when stranded, I thought I would get it fixed.

On the phone they confirmed they would fix a puncher for a Michelin with the acoustic foam. On taking the screw head out they advised that the tyre was perfectly ok and did not charge. They also checked all the tyre pressures. I will definitely be using them again even with a 45 mile round trip. Also pleased that I now have a tyre place I trust.

BTW - Costco do not repair the Michelin foam tyres.

We have a local independent tyre garage like that. They have been incredibly helpful on a number of occasions also avoiding the cancellation of a road trip during a holiday period. They will gladly accept donations to the bacon butty fund so we always ensure that we have a bit of cash on us to contribute. Ours is Sandhurst Tyres in Vulcan Way, 10 minutes from M3 J4.

I’ve just had two new tyres on the rear, just short of 24k miles.

I ended up going with the stock Michelin acoustics, and had them fitted at my local tyre place I’ve been using for years, ETS (Eden Tyre Services).

£369 for the two, fitted, balanced, new valves and disposal.

Mine are getting close. Might go for cross climates - Vredstein Quadrac have a good reputation
Yes, I looked at the Quadracs after reading about them on here. My tyre man said they are a good tyre (and actually slightly cheaper than the Michelins) but he said that they find Vredstein tyres can sometimes be hard to get hold of in a hurry - in the case of a bad puncture, for example. That swayed me back to the Michelins.

Any body put 18" Michelin Primacy 4 tyres or Hankook Ventus Prime 2 on their model 3? I'm thinking that there are slightly cheaper and normally readily available, if you have to replace on after a puncture, etc. If so, are they any good and do they provide any side wall protection?

Any body put 18" Michelin Primacy 4 tyres or Hankook Ventus Prime 2 on their model 3? I'm thinking that there are slightly cheaper and normally readily available, if you have to replace on after a puncture, etc. If so, are they any good and do they provide any side wall protection?

Just get Pilot Sport 4s without the foam. Cheaper, readily available and not noticeably louder. And compatible with ones already on the car.