Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting unsolicited emails and/or phone calls from businesses related to the Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone getting any unsolicited emails or phone calls from businesses related to your Tesla order or purchase recently?

I've taken delivery on my Model S about three weeks ago and all of a sudden started getting emails and phone calls for loans, electrical installation, and car insurance (specific to the Model S).

• Bank of America and Wells Fargo both have sent to me loan applications AND loan rejection letters, all AFTER taking delivery and with credit ratings that are pretty high for my wife, my business, and myself.
  • Mr. Electric/Dwyer Group has sent out emails (3 emails) and called (2 calls) in the span of two days.
  • AAA, State Farm, Farmers, and Allstate have all sent mailers and called from local offices to review my auto policy....I'm currently with Liberty Mutual.

This begs the question, is Tesla sharing customer information on the open market? I sure hope not....but the coincidences are really peculiar. Anyone have any similar experiences?

It is usually the bank. Solar City contracts with Mr. Electric. I got a few letters from the banks I applied with as well, standard practice. It is annoying though I know, I'm the guy that unsubscribes from everything I don't use for email.

The auto insurance may be getting the information from the state DMV. Even before I got the Tesla, there was about 4 insurance companies that mail me on a monthly basis to switch. Plus a couple of local Dodge dealerships trying to drum up business; my other car is a Ram truck purchased in NY a decade ago, but now registered in NC.

DocuSign was emailing me for a while to setup a paid account, that seems to have finally stopped.

Same here. No financing is the key

It was too hard to pass up 1.49% over 72 months from Alliant CU. I'd rather use someone else's money to buy the Tesla, while mine is making more than the 1.49% it's costing me to borrow. I didn't sign up for Solar City, nor did I apply for 'Tesla Financing'. I had my financing through Alliant wrapped up in a matter of two hours from start to finish....I'd doubt that they'd share my contact info to their competitors for financing on the same car they just financed me for.

The common root to all this is Tesla....again, I just hope that TMC didn't share info.

On another note of bother, one of the emails from Dwyer Group/Mr. Electric, I received an email with about 40 other's names and email addresses on it (including my own). This REALLY bothers me, I already field too many cold callers via phone and email. I don't need a vendor, partner, leech from TMC to share my info with others. Yes, this bothers me this much; I own a management consulting company of my own that happens to specialize in customer management relationship (CRM) processes and technology. So it irks me to no end that in today's day, a company cannot be bothered to protect its customers' and/or prospective customers' anonymity.

Is anyone getting any unsolicited emails or phone calls from businesses related to your Tesla order or purchase recently?[...]

This begs the question, is Tesla sharing customer information on the open market? I sure hope not....but the coincidences are really peculiar. Anyone have any similar experiences?

Today I received an unsolicited offer to purchase sunshades from a Chinese manufacturer. It is obvious that the individual merely reads this forum and that Tesla is certainly not sharing customer information.

Larry

luder94

I am in the same "market" as you ... relevant??? ... I've gotten nothing. And I financed via B of A. Regret it but ...

BUT, I did enquire 2-3 years ago at a local GM dealer for Volts. Within 18 hours of my "registering" there, I was spammed, and got 3-4 phone calls.
I complained to the "woman" at GM who'd taken my details, politely (not), RIPPED her head off - "if you can't sell cars, you choose to sell "me" instead .. like WTF"?

As other poster suggests ... maybe from DMV records? Yet my plates have been register 6 months and not a peep, so no idea?

Maybe TESLIVE?? :) JUST KIDDING!!!! (But you weren't there?)

It was too hard to pass up 1.49% over 72 months from Alliant CU. I'd rather use someone else's money to buy the Tesla, while mine is making more than the 1.49% it's costing me to borrow. I didn't sign up for Solar City, nor did I apply for 'Tesla Financing'. I had my financing through Alliant wrapped up in a matter of two hours from start to finish....I'd doubt that they'd share my contact info to their competitors for financing on the same car they just financed me for.

The common root to all this is Tesla....again, I just hope that TMC didn't share info.

On another note of bother, one of the emails from Dwyer Group/Mr. Electric, I received an email with about 40 other's names and email addresses on it (including my own). This REALLY bothers me, I already field too many cold callers via phone and email. I don't need a vendor, partner, leech from TMC to share my info with others. Yes, this bothers me this much; I own a management consulting company of my own that happens to specialize in customer management relationship (CRM) processes and technology. So it irks me to no end that in today's day, a company cannot be bothered to protect its customers' and/or prospective customers' anonymity.

Except that you seem to be the only one. I really don't think it's Tesla, it's something else.

But it isn't, as many people, myself being one, have had no auto related spam.
DMV records is a common root, as may be your insurance (I am guessing all owners have purchased insurance). Or it could be something else you had not thought of.

I've received nothing related to my Tesla purchase.

Years ago when I bought my first house I suffered an onslaught of unsolicited calls and letters from insurance companies, furniture stores and everything in between. I think in that case the Land Registry Office was to blame (never did find out for sure).

No contact for us at all... we financed through Alliant CU.

Actually, I am pretty convinced that my spam attack started as a result of Alliant. And/or that non-profit you have to sign up for.

- - - Updated - - -

DMV records is a common root, as may be your insurance (I am guessing all owners have purchased insurance). Or it could be something else you had not thought of.

The spam I'm getting is related to credit check, bankruptcy fillings, loans, lotteries and sweepstakes. It is coming to an e-mail address and phone number I have only shared with Alliant CU.

At least the spammers were responsive to removing my e-mail from their lists, and I have not seen a resurgence from other spammers yet.