Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

gf cant get into car with iphone app. 24/7 SERVICE WONT ANSWER PHONE!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those that arrived late to the party, the maintenance message was ADDED around 2 PM ET Saturday. It.never existed before. It was added because everyone was calling Tesla support and swamping them. I agree it should have been there all along but it was not.

It is not due to the manner of the error or how you are connecting. And you can still connect with the app if you car is turned off totally. What happens when your car has mobile access disabled or is shut down? The app still works. This was a Tesla backend server issue.
Oh, that is interesting. Thanks for input. Then I must have misunderstood a comment from one of my buddies whom works on this stuff. I understood that there were several pre-programmed messages already in the app and that if the app can't connect to the server, one type of message is displayed (can't connect), and if it can ping the server, but a DB issue then another message is displayed, and rarely is a message pushed unless connections are ok. Guess I will have to ask again. At least all is well for now. o_O

• Informative
Reactions: KrenGrl
Oh, that is interesting. Thanks for input. Then I must have misunderstood a comment from one of my buddies whom works on this stuff. I understood that there were several pre-programmed messages already in the app and that if the app can't connect to the server, one type of message is displayed (can't connect), and if it can ping the server, but a DB issue then another message is displayed, and rarely is a message pushed unless connections are ok. Guess I will have to ask again. At least all is well for now. o_O
Um, yeah, not so much as it was flaky all night and is a lot worse now.

If he actually worked on this app then excellent and things changed yesterday because first we got the ‘error’ and then the ‘temp maintenance’ message. But it makes no sense to have it not report to the user that it is not their fault and have us waste tons of time screwing around changing and reentering passwords or rebooting cars when it’s 100% on the server side.

There should be distinct messages between bad password, bad connection, server down, etc. and now we’re back to ‘unknown error’. Good grief.

Um, yeah, not so much as it was flaky all night and is a lot worse now.

If he actually worked on this app then excellent and things changed yesterday because first we got the ‘error’ and then the ‘temp maintenance’ message. But it makes no sense to have it not report to the user that it is not their fault and have us waste tons of time screwing around changing and reentering passwords or rebooting cars when it’s 100% on the server side.

There should be distinct messages between bad password, bad connection, server down, etc. and now we’re back to ‘unknown error’. Good grief.
Amen to that !

He wrote the connection api that is used by several companies with apps ( development tool), so guess I can't go slap him silly. Oh what the heck. I'll slap him silly anyway :eek:

• Helpful
Reactions: KrenGrl
Today while the app was still working I had to park in between two cars, it was so tight I was going to use summon. Fortunately I decided not to park there because I feared the other drivers would open their doors and damage my car.

In the end I'm glad I didn't use summon. You see, in Europe (?) we can only summon using the app. Not the fob or by using the gear selector. I would have been unable to get my car out of the tight spot since the app was down when I wanted to leave!

Today while the app was still working I had to park in between two cars, it was so tight I was going to use summon. Fortunately I decided not to park there because I feared the other drivers would open their doors and damage my car.

In the end I'm glad I didn't use summon. You see, in Europe (?) we can only summon using the app. Not the fob or by using the gear selector. I would have been unable to get my car out of the tight spot since the app was down when I wanted to leave!
You could always climb in and out of the hatchback ;)

Reactions: SeBsZ
**EDIT: Still seeing API errors when polling information from TeslaFI. Not fully restored yet**

Network back up as of 8:26am PT for now
Screen Shot 2018-04-22 at 8.28.33 AM.png

And it won't just be Teslas cars down the road but other mfgrs as well at times. Hey just wait when all those home connected things have server issues.

A few years back the phone lines and electricity as I recall all went out. Sabotage by someone cutting all the cables underground. Didn't have service for a few days. Felt like the dark ages. I insist on still maintaining one of those old-fashioned phone connections called a land line so in event of wireless phone carrier going out, we can still at least call out from home.

FYI, it has been a while since the traditional telcos gave you a dedicated copper pair from your home to the network switch for old fashioned battery backup POTS service. Now even if you use a copper pair from your home, somewhere not too far away it jumps onto a fiber backbone to the telco. Maybe there is backup power, maybe not. But not like the old days. And yes, there was sabotage in Mountain View a few years back, when someone with the knowledge and skill found an underground manhole/vault and cut several critical fiber lines. This took down ISPs and traditional telcos as well.