Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ghost folding mirrors and activate Homelink to open garage.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could not easily find this event with a search. Every time I approach a particular intersection with my 2015 model S several miles from my house, the mirrors fold and Homelink is trying to open my garage. Jarring at first but now I expect it. Has anyone else experienced a ghost? Thanks

It sounds like a saved location for Homelink. When you get to that location, it sends a Homelink signal and folds the mirrors. Do you have multiple Homelink entries? You can delete the entry that is being tripped and the problem should go away.

If there's only one Homelink location programmed, I would delete it and start over.

When I moved last year, I reset my Home location to my new home. However, when I drive past my old home, my mirrors still fold automatically, even though Homelink doesn't try to open the garage door. Haven't found a way to fix that, though it's not enough of a problem that it matters.

If the above doesn't work, and it probably will, you can create a new Driver Profile and use that. I don't think the mirror fold/unfold GPS is stored in the Homelink function. All the GPS preset information for GPS suspension raising/lowering and mirrors fold/unfold are stored in the current Profile. It isn't as drastic as a Factory Reset in the Service Menu. Also, I think there is a setting to fold/unfold mirrors at home. You could toggle that off, or delete and reset the home function to fold them at a new home.

If the above doesn't work, and it probably will, you can create a new Driver Profile and use that. I don't think the mirror fold/unfold GPS is stored in the Homelink function. All the GPS preset information for GPS suspension raising/lowering and mirrors fold/unfold are stored in the current Profile. It isn't as drastic as a Factory Reset in the Service Menu. Also, I think there is a setting to fold/unfold mirrors at home. You could toggle that off, or delete and reset the home function to fold them at a new home.
Thank you!