Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ghost Music

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I got a Samsung T7 SSD which is partitioned for use by the Sentry mode and Music. Everything seems to work fine. After loading a bunch of music onto the SSD I noticed some files would play fine and others would come up with a "loading error" and not play. Looking into it I noticed the files that wouldn't load were *.wma format, so I went through and deleted all those files and replaced most of them with Mp3 or Mp4 files. The rest I just deleted completely.

The issue I'm having now is that the old *.wma files are still showing up in the car, even though they are no longer physically on the SSD. So say I have a file folder with just one album in it, the car shows two of each song, one that plays fine (Mp3) and one that will not load (ghost wma file). I've double checked, and there are no WMA files left on the SSD, so how do I clear the "Ghost" files from the car?

The car has been rebooted since the files were removed, but that doesn't seem to do anything. I don't really see a way to individually delete the files. Has anyone seen this or know of a way to completely reset the music? Thanks.

So, I've managed to answer my own question. The multiple files were being caused by *m4a format music. Every *.m4a file on the drive shows up as two files on the MY. One file cannot be read/loaded and the other plays normally as music. I have no idea why this happens, but it's annoying as there is no way to differentiate between the two without hitting play. So I reformatted the drive (just for good measure), and put only Mp3's on it, and so far every track I've chosen works without hesitation. So now I just need to set about converting hundreds to *.wma and *.m4a files over to *.mp3...yay. Anyway, just thought I'd post up in case anyone else run's into this issue.

So I got a Samsung T7 SSD which is partitioned for use by the Sentry mode and Music. Everything seems to work fine. After loading a bunch of music onto the SSD I noticed some files would play fine and others would come up with a "loading error" and not play. Looking into it I noticed the files that wouldn't load were *.wma format, so I went through and deleted all those files and replaced most of them with Mp3 or Mp4 files. The rest I just deleted completely.

The issue I'm having now is that the old *.wma files are still showing up in the car, even though they are no longer physically on the SSD. So say I have a file folder with just one album in it, the car shows two of each song, one that plays fine (Mp3) and one that will not load (ghost wma file). I've double checked, and there are no WMA files left on the SSD, so how do I clear the "Ghost" files from the car?

The car has been rebooted since the files were removed, but that doesn't seem to do anything. I don't really see a way to individually delete the files. Has anyone seen this or know of a way to completely reset the music? Thanks.

How is this going for you? I'm trying to figure out which way to go if i ever get my Jeda console. Seems like most people opt for the T5 as its more stable, is your T7 working well?

Also is the voice assistant smart enough to be able to play songs off the SSD by voice command?

How is this going for you? I'm trying to figure out which way to go if i ever get my Jeda console. Seems like most people opt for the T5 as its more stable, is your T7 working well?

Also is the voice assistant smart enough to be able to play songs off the SSD by voice command?
The T7 has been pretty flawless once I replaced the songs with Mp3's. Dashcam and Sentry mode both work as expected as well. I haven't tried using voice command to play music from the drive yet, mostly because there's so much music on there I tend to browse until I see something I like and just hit play. I have zero complaints so far.

Reactions: icculus479