Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Giant deserted parking lot in SF area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

e-FTW

New electron smell
Aug 23, 2015
San Francisco, CA
I am looking for a good spot to go and have my wife practice some driving with the S. She has taken classes and got a licence a few years back, but never renewed or really drove for that matter.
So am looking for some large deserted parking lot, or a ghost town!

Thanks!

My dad taught both me and my sister to drive (stick!) by taking us to a mall parking lot either before the stores opened at 10, or after they closed at 6. (Yes kids, malls used to close at 6, back in the day.)

Alternatively, pick any large random company down the peninsula, and their parking lot is not going to be very full on the weekends. Try taking a Sunday drive down to the Foster City/Redwood Shores area, say, 101 to Marine Pkwy, then loop around Bridge Pkwy.

My memory is hazy on this, but aren't there a ton of parking lots on Treasure Island, used for flea markets? Obviously you'd have to pick a day when there wasn't an event happening. And of course that merge back onto 80 is always a thrill.

Reactions: e-FTW
My dad taught both me and my sister to drive (stick!) by taking us to a mall parking lot either before the stores opened at 10, or after they closed at 6. (Yes kids, malls used to close at 6, back in the day.)

Alternatively, pick any large random company down the peninsula, and their parking lot is not going to be very full on the weekends. Try taking a Sunday drive down to the Foster City/Redwood Shores area, say, 101 to Marine Pkwy, then loop around Bridge Pkwy.

My memory is hazy on this, but aren't there a ton of parking lots on Treasure Island, used for flea markets? Obviously you'd have to pick a day when there wasn't an event happening. And of course that merge back onto 80 is always a thrill.
Good ideas. Was definitely eying something down the peninsula. Marine and Bridge parkways do look promising form the satellite views.
Treasure Island too! While we are at it: can I get on the runway at Alameda? :)

Whoa, good call! Can you tell I'm new around here? Not that being new is unique in the Bay Area...
That looks like a pretty massive parking lot, minutes away from my place. Checking out their calendar: some open Sundays, in between the rodeos (!) and Hempcon.