Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Giga Austin MYP Vins and Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since I didn't see a thread for owners with Giga Austin VINs, I thought I'd put one here.

According to this article they've started pushing out MYP VINs for Texas now.

If Austin VIN people could detail their delivery experience and features here along with their delivery dates.

Since I didn't see a thread for owners with Giga Austin VINs, I thought I'd put one here.

According to this article they've started pushing out MYP VINs for Texas now.

If Austin VIN people could detail their delivery experience and features here along with their delivery dates.
That article is fake news and has been confirmed fake. No known VIN's yet for Austin.

Reactions: Stook02ss
1645802992275.png

First one here.

• Disagree
  • Informative
Reactions: enzo and preilly44
Can you post anything else to support this? Build info?
Seems like the site blew up with skeptics since the last time I was on 😂

But yes, my build details:

Model Y Performance
Color: Midnight Silver Metallic
Interior: White
Tow Hitch: None
FSD: No

I've called my SA and they've confirmed A/S tires, AMD MCU, and Heated Wipers upon update. I asked about double pane rear windows but they couldn't confirm for sure. They said that all Austin MYPs are believed to have double pane, but couldn't confirm.

Additionally, since I'm in Ohio (cold weather area) I can have free mud flaps and ppf installed.

Reactions: TheWB
And addressing the new profile, yes I've been lurking for a month since my delivery but after I got my Austin VIN I decided to make an account. Understandable how it's sketchy.
I for one want to believe you because I am expecting a MYLR EDD April, so I am hoping for Austin.
So did you re-confirm the VIN with your Tesla SA and he confirmed back to you that your VIN is indeed legit?

I for one want to believe you because I am expecting a MYLR EDD April, so I am hoping for Austin.
So did you re-confirm the VIN with your Tesla SA and he confirmed back to you that your VIN is indeed legit?
When I called in to ask about my build specs, I gave them my reservation number and they provided me the build specs. I never directly gave them the VIN but since they gave me build specs I'm assuming the VIN is correct.

Reactions: JDL@h

Model Y Performance

I've called my SA and they've confirmed A/S tires, AMD MCU, and Heated Wipers upon update. I asked about double pane rear windows but they couldn't confirm for sure. They said that all Austin MYPs are believed to have double pane, but couldn't confirm.

Additionally, since I'm in Ohio (cold weather area) I can have free mud flaps and ppf installed.
Just picked up mine 3 weeks ago. No mud flaps.

Sa also said no ppf however was present upon delivery.

Keep us posted

Model Y Performance

So the Vin just in a screenshot of your source code currently? Not actually assigned.

Go back to your Service Center or call and tell them mud flaps were not present. My SA told me they will either have it on at delivery or install later free of charge. Knowing how bad the roads are here in NE Ohio you'll definitely need them.
Congratulations on your Austin VIN! For some reason Upstate NY doesn't count as an area that gets the PPF and mud flaps. Hopefully it can happen after the fact like you mentioned.