Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Giga Shanghai expansion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of us with long waits I wonder if this will shorten them slightly?

• Informative
Reactions: Bouba
If you want to have some hope then the answer is maybe. If you want the realistic answer then the answer is no.
Pretty sure that the Tesla production machine has already accounted for extra capacity in the current 5-7 month estimate.
Demand is through the roof worldwide so they are playing catchup which equals 5-7 months.
It is a harsh reality.

Wouldn't buy a Chinese made car on principle. Deciding on which car to get now. German or Korean. Love my old model S and will keep it.
I understand this point of view and believe it will be a significant roadblock to the uptake of the new EV brands coming out of China. It's also a very difficult thing to achieve as all vehicles are only finally assembled in one country with global materials. Also, where do you stop? Does it apply to other consumer goods, or just vehicles?

I understand this point of view and believe it will be a significant roadblock to the uptake of the new EV brands coming out of China. It's also a very difficult thing to achieve as all vehicles are only finally assembled in one country with global materials. Also, where do you stop? Does it apply to other consumer goods, or just vehicles?

I also understand this, but you are buying a Tesla from China because its the local factory, its a US company that builds cars where they sell them. I would however have liked the next asian factory to be in say Thailand or Malaysia to supply SE Asia and Australia/NZ rather than China.

Its not the same as buying a Chinese owned EV.

Many argue they dont worry about environmental initiatives because their contribution makes no difference. Collectively though it does make a difference. Its also near impossible not to leave an environmental footprint, however individuals minimising that footprint is worth striving for. Same with China.