Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gigafactory July 29 event thread for posting attendees photos and reports

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is the Tesla.Com YouTube stream working well for ANYBODY? It is literally unwatchable here, and my pings to the rest of the Internet are perfect. PERFECT.

I did find one live Periscope (@IgorAntarov of Moscow Tesla Club, also here on TMC with same username as Periscope) with perfect connection quality, but the audio is very tinny and hard to comprehend.

Just found out someone did a Facebook Video of it that audio works OK: Tesla | Facebook

Now it is over. The Video being sent from Tesla to YouTube was very professionally prepared, and it looked like it was a good presentation and Q&A from the little bit I saw on the Periscope. But, the YouTube technology failed somewhere between the GigaFactory and our ISPs (our ISPs were not the problem: everyone had perfect connection tonight and had identical issues with the video).

Last edited:
Done and up for replay start around 4 minutes 20 seconds in to get the full audio effect or skip to about 6 minutes 45 seconds to skip the opening , nevermind there are two huge gaps in the audio and video and the two are out of synch.

hopefully they'll upload a better copy on the tesla site tomorrow.

Last edited:
A few comments made by Elon and JB, some of which many of you probably knew:
  • Focus right now is on the Model 3, with the "compact SUV" (Model Y, but he didn't use that name) next after that.
  • Also planning a minibus based on the Model X platform.
  • Gigafactory big enough to hold 100 Boeing 747s, or 50 billion hamsters.
  • Gigafactories will eventually be on every continent - he named Europe and Asia (China) as the next planned locations.
  • Dispelled the peak lithium myth - lithium from recycled batteries can be 100% reused in new batteries.
  • Related to that - recycling of the batteries built into the GF itself.

Just watched this. Was there a lot of alcohol served there? I understand being enthusiastic being there but the person that kept yelling "yes! yes!" was getting annoying. Reminds me of the one person in the crowd during golf tournaments that always yells, "get in the hole!!!" right after the putt.

That guy was right in front of me, and he was recording the entire thing on his phone and he was in the front row right in front of Elon. And yes, it was really really annoying. He pretty much did that after every statement, some louder than others. Yes, it was full open bar.

Reactions: CatB