Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gigafactory July 29 event thread for posting attendees photos and reports

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone on Twitter posted that Tesla Employees were making fun of intoxicated customers at the party.

So my questions are:

Were there intoxicated people at the Gigafactory party?
Were the intoxicated people customers, Tesla employees, or both?
If so, how intoxicated were they? (mildly drunk as in cheerful? Intoxicated to the point of being unable to drive? Falling down drunk & puking?)
Did Tesla employees in fact make fun of drunk customers?
What did Tesla employees say?
Did any customers mistreat or abuse Tesla employees?
Did any Tesla employees mistreat or abuse customers?

Thanks for the perspective Bonnie.

I wanted to investigate this matter about alleged misbehavior at the Gigaparty, but I felt that an in-depth inquiry belonged here rather than in the Investor thread. The Gigafactory is obviously a critical component of the Model 3 ramp. I strongly discourage drunkeness and its associated risks in an industrial setting.

I suspect this may be part of why Tesla decided to hold a separate press event earlier in the week: journalists and analysts would get serious info and Q&A session, and not be distracted by a party. The crucial information therefore makes it out to the public -- without any possible negative or irrelevant tales about the festivities.

colin-farrel.gif

Good lord.

• Funny
Reactions: anticitizen13.7
IMG_3141.JPG
IMG_3146.JPG
IMG_3148.JPG
IMG_3156.JPG

AGV (Automatic Guided Vehicle ) designed to transport 2 rolls of anode/cathode foil, it plays the Theme music from Indiana Jones for fun and let people know its coming, it's guided by magnetic tape on the floor, racks carried by robots to the "Aging Room" where the batteries cells age, like fine wine, on huge racks 60 feet high, Energy products assembly line robot.

FYI, that is a photo of me in the Gigafactory tour. Abby (see Avatar) is a 13 year old Havanese, a fully trained and documented medical service dog. You might be familiar with seeing eye dogs/guide dogs or even handicap assistance dogs. Maybe you even know about seizure dogs. Some service dogs help with diabetics (they can smell elevated ketones even before a diabetic gets into trouble). Abby began training at 16 weeks. She is extraordinary smart, polite, unobtrusive, and usually better behaved that most folks' children. She has travelled to Sweden, Norway, Hungary, and frequently across the USA--in aircraft cabins, quiet, not kicking your setback like kids often do, not getting drunk and unpleasant. She goes everywhere and quietly does her job. Her presence is protected in the USA under the Department of Justice-Americans with Disabilities Act. By law she must be accommodated in all public and most private places, including transit (airlines, buses, trains, taxis), restaurants, stores and shopping centers. Not a California thing. Consider yourself educated--no apology necessary.
I had a pleasure to meet Abby and being a dog owner myself only wished my dog was as well behaved as Abby.

Reactions: Nevek