Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gigafactory Press Tour Live Stream on YouTube NOW - Model 3 appearances

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love every picture angle except the one you are referring to. The shot from the back where the nose of the car looks way too small for the vehicle. In other angles the front end look about normal to small is size, but that rear angle makes the front end look un-proportional.
Its the same identical car that was displayed 4 months ago. We've had the opportunity to look at this car for 4 months. Maybe absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Its the same identical car that was displayed 4 months ago. We've had the opportunity to look at this car for 4 months. Maybe absence makes the heart grow fonder.
Not the same car
Was the Model 3 shown yesterday the same as the red on stage on 3/31?

QkmnKHq.jpg

Yes, the NBC reporter that is currently at the gigafactory said that he was also reporting on the M3 on 03/31 during the reveal - reported that the red car shown outside the gigafactory is the same bateryless ( empty underneath ) car that he saw onstage. He said it has the same stickers underneath where the missing batteries are.
I stand corrected. It's pretty sad that they let the car get photographed that was a shell and had sagging/melting side mirrors!

I stand corrected. It's pretty sad that they let the car get photographed that was a shell and had sagging/melting side mirrors!

I guess the working models either have things on them that the press is not supposed to see or they are out and about for testing purposes.
I'm glad we got to see more of the red one, even though it's just a shell. The color is amazing and I think it photographs exceptionally well. Way better than the matte black.

Reactions: MissAutobahn
I guess the working models either have things on them that the press is not supposed to see or they are out and about for testing purposes.
I'm glad we got to see more of the red one, even though it's just a shell. The color is amazing and I think it photographs exceptionally well. Way better than the matte black.
A part of me likes the matte black, but I don't think I'd want it long term. I love the silver color, as it almost looks like it's just unpainted aluminum, and this red is very nice. Usually I can't stand red cars. Picking a color will be the hardest part!

A part of me likes the matte black, but I don't think I'd want it long term. I love the silver color, as it almost looks like it's just unpainted aluminum, and this red is very nice. Usually I can't stand red cars. Picking a color will be the hardest part!

Definitely. I usually think silver is boring or for old people driving a Mercedes but the Model 3 pulls it off! Matte black does nothing for me to be honest and the metallic black might not do the car justice. I think it hides the beautiful form of the car a little too much and every other car in the street in metallic black these days. White is also everywhere these days but part of me thinks that it would look better than the black counterpart. My wife is strictly against white cars anyways, so it's not even an option I should waste time thinking about... haha!

Going through the list of other available colors for the Model S / X:
Titanium: Not my style
Midnight metallic: could be an option but could still fall in the same category as silver.
Blue: Not really a fan of the specific shade Tesla uses.
Pearl white: Actually looks better in person than I thought but again a hard no from the wife.
Multi-coat red: I like it but I would prefer a slightly darker tone. I think the Model 3 got it just right so I'm hoping that shade will make it to full production!

I'm losing way too much sleep over the colors and we don't even know which ones we'll be able to choose from!

Reactions: Raindog1