Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gigafactory Press Tour Live Stream on YouTube NOW - Model 3 appearances

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
model-3-red.jpg
Not sure if the angle is playing visual tricks, but boy that sure looks like a bubble hunchback here.

That Model 3 in red looks just amazing... I think my paint option is clear :)... Also did not like these wheels at first, but on a daylight combined with the red paint, incredible!!!
I know! I've never been a fan of red cars, but that car is just plain beautiful, especially with those wheels and all of the trim that's usually chrome in a grey matte finish.

Very Very nice. Looks like the mirrors are falling off. Maybe it's the angle.

Agreed....I addressed this on the M3OC forum.....I mentioned that something looked wrong with the side mirrors. After studying a side view photo I figured it out. If you look at the line of the hood and follow it back along the chrome trim piece on the door meeting the window and back along the rear door and finally back to the mock spoiler, you'll see that this 'droopy' mirror 'ruins' the lines and flow of the car totally. As you mentioned it looks like the side mirror was hit, broken or someone 'hung' on it. The chrome piece on the bottom of the side mirror should be "parallel" to the chrom piece on the passenger side door that meets the window and then maybe the top and rear of the mirror taper down to that bottom chrome piece, to follow the beauty and lines of the car.
I hope this is not 'final production design' and that Franz addresses this. Hopefully Elon follows this thread, forum and my post and makes the appropriate adjustment :). Can someone Tweet this to Elon? I'm not on Twitter.

Ski

Anyone notice the wheels on that Model 3 are side-specific? There are right-side wheels and left-side wheels so the "fans" face the same direction when you put them all on (normally a fin-spoke wheel faces one way on the left and the other way on the right).

I do NOT like these wheels.....to me they look like 'hubcaps' or snap on covers. I'm going with the Turbines for sure. Those "Make" the car.

Ski

Reactions: alseTrick
Agreed....I addressed this on the M3OC forum.....I mentioned that something looked wrong with the side mirrors. After studying a side view photo I figured it out. If you look at the line of the hood and follow it back along the chrome trim piece on the door meeting the window and back along the rear door and finally back to the mock spoiler, you'll see that this 'droopy' mirror 'ruins' the lines and flow of the car totally. As you mentioned it looks like the side mirror was hit, broken or someone 'hung' on it. The chrome piece on the bottom of the side mirror should be "parallel" to the chrom piece on the passenger side door that meets the window and then maybe the top and rear of the mirror taper down to that bottom chrome piece, to follow the beauty and lines of the car.
I hope this is not 'final production design' and that Franz addresses this. Hopefully Elon follows this thread, forum and my post and makes the appropriate adjustment :). Can someone Tweet this to Elon? I'm not on Twitter.

Ski
What is a M3OC forum?

image.png
For some reason all of the lines on this red car look softer. It doesn't look as cut and crisp of the silver car I've been drooling over since the reveal. I really hope they don't change the exterior too much.

Agreed....something looks off. I found these photos and the mirrors look different and 'correct' to me....don't know why the difference on these new Gigafactory photos. The car is definitely different.

Ski

Apparently the mirrors are bent from the heat. The car usually sits inside but they've brought it out for the event. It's just a prototype without a battery. Someone posted a picture of the bottom and it was empty. Maybe there's even more missing. It's probably the exact same car from the reveal.
Source: reddit

Apparently the mirrors are bent from the heat. The car usually sits inside but they've brought it out for the event. It's just a prototype without a battery. Someone posted a picture of the bottom and it was empty. Maybe there's even more missing. It's probably the exact same car from the reveal.
Source: reddit
LOL....the heat? Yeah.....I suppose it is hot down there. 103 today.