Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GigaFest Austin, April 1,... make that April 7, whats happening.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I assume there are requirements for the invite that include Tesla ownership with an account and VIN registered on Tesla.com. Beyond that, organizers have stated that Austin residents will get first priority, but I am sure some VIP's not living in Austin will also be invited. Since the event is limited to 15,000 attendees, the first question that comes to mind is how many Tesla owners are there in Austin?

I believe less than 15,000, simply based on the fact that the cars are expensive. But, is the invite going to include a guest? I would think an invitee would not want to come alone and will want to bring a friend or spouse. With this in mind, my prediction is that unless you are a VIP of some sort, your chances of getting an invite are slim if you don't live here. Maybe even if you do live here. All this is just a guess. What does everyone else think?

Feels a bit corny, but I'd be interested in attending if open to everyone. The new Tesla factory is supposed to be the largest one located in North America and Im very interested in the paint shop & manufacturing process for new Model Y's built there. Good chance Im trading up for a 2022 MYP with the 4680 pack, if its ready this year. That alone, would be worth the trip.

The reality is I've always wanted to visit Austin anyways. Mainly for the F1 race track. But also just to check out the city in general. It's become the 'Silicon Valley' of the South. And a tremendous amount of tech companies are located there.

Dont even get me started on the BBQ.. guess I'll be lining up with every other tourist for lunch at Franklins or Salt Lick :)
2 things to help you out! 1, COTA is very close to Tesla, so if you are into F1 you can easily jump over to check that out. Look up carting cota, you can race high speed carts on the race track. 2- and most important, as an Austin resident and winning competitive barbq chef, I feel it is my duty to tell you, never put Franklins and Salt Lick in the same sentence!!!For me, Salt Lick is the tourist trap of bbq. Franklins is phenomenal, the gold standard for central texas barbq. if you don't want to wait in that line check out Stiles Switch, still a line but usually easier to get into, equally as good. 45 min away in Seguin, a small town between Austin and San Antonio, is the "Burnt Bean" , also usually a line but a little easier than Franklins. have a blast while you are here, the factory is impressive!

. What does everyone else think?
15,000 is A LOT of people. And not everyone who gets an invite will go. For comparison, Madison Square Garden in NYC or the Hollywood Bowl in LA both hold about 18,000 for most events. So the Giga-fest is a nearly full concert arena of people.

Yes, surely the invites will include one +1 guest (they've always done this for previous events). The Giga Nevada opening had +3 guests, so that's also possible. I'm pretty confident that Tesla will start with the Austin area residents, then "VIPs" and then likely default back to the people who generated the most referrals in the now-defunct referral program. After that, who knows.