Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GigaFest Austin, April 1,... make that April 7, whats happening.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So Tesla via Elon Tweet confirmed April 1st 7th, a Thursday, as the GigaFest Austin event, 6 weeks from now.
A repeat of the one held in Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg (as of this post shows images from that event, in case reused for Austin)

Who can go, how to get in, and a million other questions.
Will the day stick or be adjusted?

The FAQ from the

FAQ​

1. From when to when is the County Fair?​

The County Fair starts at 10 a.m. and ends at 7 p.m. on the October 9, 2021. However bands and DJ’s will keep the party going.

2. What is the age limit for going to the county fair without a parent or guardian?​

From the age of 16 you can come without a parent or guardian.

3. Can I take a bag with me on the premises?​

For security reasons and to avoid the entrance control taking too long, we only allow bags up to DIN A4 (210 mm x 297 mm) size.

4. Will there be shuttle buses?​

Yes, there will be frequent shuttle buses from the 'Fangschleuse' train station (accessible with the RE1 of the Deutsche Bahn) to the event site during our event.

5. How do I get to the site?​

Preferably by train: RE1 of the Deutsche Bahn to the station 'Fangschleuse'. A shuttle bus will regularly depart from the station to the event site.

6. How do I get off the site after the event?​

Our shuttle buses will also take you back to the ‘Fangschleuse’ station after the event.

7. Where can I park on the premises?​

We will soon publish a site plan together with the dispatch of the ticket.

8. Can I use my wheelchair on the site?​

Since our factory is still under construction, there may be impassions in some places. In general, however, the site is designed to be barrier-free.

9. Which objects are prohibited on the premises?​

The following are not permitted: weapons of any kind (including pocket knives), liquids, fireworks, tents, camping chairs or deck chairs.

10. Can I bring my own drinks?​

For safety reasons, drinks may not be taken onto the premises.

11. Is there food and drinks on site?​

There will be food trucks with drinks and local food, including vegan and vegetarian options.

12. Can I bring my dog with me?​

Unfortunately, pets have to stay at home.

13. What if it rains?​

The event will take place in all weather conditions, as long as the safety of our guests can be guaranteed.

14. How do I get tickets?​

Please complete the pre-registration on the main page. Due to capacity limitations, admission tickets are not guaranteed and guests will receive admission tickets by October.

15. Until when can I register?​

Pre-registration will be open until September 30th, 2021.

16. Can I transfer my ticket or add a new guest?​

Unfortunately, you can not transfer your ticket or add a new guest to your account.

17. What do I do if my registration address does not match my identity card?​

To enter the event, you will need to show valid proof of the address which you used to register.

18. Can I take photos and videos during the event?​

Photos are allowed for private purposes. Please pay attention to the signs on the premises.

19. Why are admission tickets not guaranteed?​

Space is limited. If we are at capacity, we will prioritize visitors with a zip code in Berlin or Brandenburg.

20. I have not received a confirmation email, what do I do now?​

Please check your spam filter or junk folder, you will have received an email from [email protected].

Corona Regulations​

Adults are only allowed to enter the event if they meet one of the 3G rules (certificate of vaccination OR recovery OR PCR test within 48 hours) and must show appropriate proof at the entrance. Rapid test and antigen test are not valid. All adults and children older than 12 are required to show valid proof of one of the 3G rules: certificate of vaccination, certificate of recovery or a PCR test taken within 48 hours. (A rapid test and an antigen test are not valid.) Children 7 to 12 years of age need to provide an antigen test taken within 24 hours. (A self-test is not valid.) Children 0-6 years of age have no requirements. Please note that you will be denied entry without appropriate proof. It is mandatory to wear a mask for protection in crowded areas and in indoor spaces.

21. Is a photo of my vaccination certificate enough?​

No, we ask you to bring your 3G proof complete and in the original or an approved app.

22. When do I have to wear a mask on the premises?​

You need to wear a mask covering your mouth and nose in indoor space and denser crowds.

23. Can I come even if I am not vaccinated?​

Yes, with an official 3G certificate.

Last edited:
Feels a bit corny, but I'd be interested in attending if open to everyone. The new Tesla factory is supposed to be the largest one located in North America and Im very interested in the paint shop & manufacturing process for new Model Y's built there. Good chance Im trading up for a 2022 MYP with the 4680 pack, if its ready this year. That alone, would be worth the trip.

The reality is I've always wanted to visit Austin anyways. Mainly for the F1 race track. But also just to check out the city in general. It's become the 'Silicon Valley' of the South. And a tremendous amount of tech companies are located there.

Dont even get me started on the BBQ.. guess I'll be lining up with every other tourist for lunch at Franklins or Salt Lick :)

Last edited:
I live in the RGV (near Spacex) and plan to drive my wife's two-tone highlighter yellow and metallic green Model X to make a spectacle of myself. Last time I went to Starbase, Spacex employees came out of buildings to take pictures. The only thing more attractive than the car is the person blocking the view of the car... 20211214_164349.jpg Hopefully, she can come, too!

Feels a bit corny, but I'd be interested in attending if open to everyone. The new Tesla factory is supposed to be the largest one located in North America and Im very interested in the paint shop & manufacturing process for new Model Y's built there. Good chance Im trading up for a 2022 MYP with the 4680 pack, if its ready this year. That alone, would be worth the trip.

The reality is I've always wanted to visit Austin anyways. Mainly for the F1 race track. But also just to check out the city in general. It's become the 'Silicon Valley' of the South. And a tremendous amount of tech companies are located there.

Dont even get me started on the BBQ.. guess I'll be lining up with every other tourist for lunch at Franklins or Salt Lick :)
If you go you gotta check out the live music stuff. Amazing street musicans that you'll wonder why they aren't on the radio or with a record label. Nothing like anywhere else in the US. And most of it is free! Of course you'll need to put some type of tribute by the SRV statue.

Reactions: Daekwan