Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gigafest????

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This event scheduled for April 7 at Giga Texas... Is it just a invite only, press event, or is it an actual open festival so that anyone can go down and get a funnel cake or whatever? I'm tempted to go, but I won't if I can only look at other people having fun from behind a fence half a mile away.

Thread here where some of us are trying to find out the same info.

Tesla announced that priority will be the Austin area residents. The permit was for 15,000 attendees. According to Elon's tweet, Austin residents will be given first priority. Travis County, Tx commission meets on March 27th to review the mass meeting request. Info on Teslarati.com below:

This event scheduled for April 7 at Giga Texas... Is it just a invite only, press event, or is it an actual open festival so that anyone can go down and get a funnel cake or whatever? I'm tempted to go, but I won't if I can only look at other people having fun from behind a fence half a mile away.
My understanding it is a Permit Required Event by Travis County (surrounds Austin) which has jurisdiction on major gatherings. So the County will limit the overall size of the event. The final review of the 15,000 person permit is scheduled for March 27th. At this time It would seem "just showing up" won't get you in the gates. Tesla will be serving alcohol with requires age monitoring and Tesla announced that all attendees will be required to have a wrist band indicating age and proof they are authorized in the ticketed event. Guess we will hear more after Travis County's approval.