Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gigantic POP in audio, lose audio for a bit.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This has only happened on one drive, and twice on that drive. It was 'cold' for North Carolina (<30 degrees) but car was parked in garage and said it was 50 Degrees until it'd been outside for a bit.

Was driving listening to phone on bluetooth. About 3-5 min in the audio system, or uh lack of a better word the amplifier *sugar* itsellf.

We're talking all six of us in the car thought something large had fallen on the vehicle. Think of someone plugging in a microphone cable while the amp is cranked and that pop noise you get as the electrical connection goes wonky.

Lost all sound for a few seconds after, first i thought i was deaf as the blinkers quit too but then sound came back <3-5 seconds and everything was fine except the younger kids were mad at the noise.

It didn't do it today (next time I drove it) on my morning commute, so I have no idea how to recreate yet. I don't want to set up a service appointment to have them shrug and walk off. Is this an issue that anyone else has any experience with?

2019 Raven Short Range