Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gigantic POP in audio, lose audio for a bit.

trekkie

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Oct 2, 2019
Wake Forest, NC
This has only happened on one drive, and twice on that drive. It was 'cold' for North Carolina (<30 degrees) but car was parked in garage and said it was 50 Degrees until it'd been outside for a bit.

Was driving listening to phone on bluetooth. About 3-5 min in the audio system, or uh lack of a better word the amplifier *sugar* itsellf.

We're talking all six of us in the car thought something large had fallen on the vehicle. Think of someone plugging in a microphone cable while the amp is cranked and that pop noise you get as the electrical connection goes wonky.

Lost all sound for a few seconds after, first i thought i was deaf as the blinkers quit too but then sound came back <3-5 seconds and everything was fine except the younger kids were mad at the noise.

It didn't do it today (next time I drove it) on my morning commute, so I have no idea how to recreate yet. I don't want to set up a service appointment to have them shrug and walk off. Is this an issue that anyone else has any experience with?

2019 Raven Short Range

IDRVSLO

Jan 15, 2020
San Francisco
Lol! This happened to me on Monday night as well while I was listening to a YouTube video while driving. Unlike what happened to you, my car didn’t recover and I had to pull off the freeway and perform a reset.

n8dagr8

Sep 19, 2017
Burbank
I had this happen while listening to a song on YouTube, as well. I assumed it was a safety cut off due to loud/high volume. Reset the MCU and all was good after that.

Solidred

Feb 18, 2018
So Cal
I had this happen while listening to a song on YouTube, as well. I assumed it was a safety cut off due to loud/high volume. Reset the MCU and all was good after that.

streaming music same thing, had to do a scroll wheel reset, didn’t pull over through. Once it booted up it’s like it never happened

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC