TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Gigavac HV Contactors

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by adamdarcy, Feb 26, 2015.

1. adamdarcy

adamdarcy New Member

Hi,

I heard that the Model S contactors were changed from Tyco (Kilovac) to Gigavac. Does anyone have any information on this? I would appreciate if someone can send a picture of the unit containing the Gigavac contactors or part number and other information on the contactors themselves.

Thanks,

2. 101bugs

101bugs Member

Same thing I have heard. Apparently Tyco couldn't handle power levels and had other issues.

3. GeorgeCM

GeorgeCM Member