Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor GiroDisc 370mm Rotors for GM Brembo 6-Pot Calipers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
girodisc-370mm.jpg

It takes a village to raise a kit. This one is TMC's very own. @Lukez pioneered the 6-piston CTS-V DIY for the Model S. Then @jesse_le prototyped a rotor with GiroDisc for the Model 3 and Y. These full-floating slotted GiroDisc rotors for the Model 3 and Y come in at 370mm x 34mm. This mirrors the rotor size on the Cadillac CTS-V, Corvette C7 Z06, and other GM performance vehicles allowing fitment of massive GM 6-piston Brembos. For comparison, the OEM Model 3 Performance 2-piece rotor measures in at 355mm x 25mm while the OEM 1-piece "Base" Rotor measures a paltry 320mm x 25mm.

The GiroDisc rotors differentiate themselves from other manufacturers with U.S. sourced iron and beautifully anodized U.S.-sourced 6061-T6 aluminum rotor hats. The hat is also 4mm thicker than OEM which helps clear the unique stepped hub of the Model 3 Performance and obfuscates the need for small wheel spacers. The GiroDisc is also a true 2-piece rotor allowing you to replace the rings without need to replace the hats.

OEM GM Brembo 6-piston Calipers​

The GiroDisc rotors allow you to mount OEM GM Brembos from a number of GM performance vehicles including the ATS-V, CTS-V, and C7 Corvette Z06. These are lightweight 6-piston monoblock aluminum calipers that are optimized for cooling, specified as "low drag", and are designed to fit under 18" wheels. They mount up to the OEM Tesla front knuckle by either drilling out your caliper mounting holes to accept M14 caliper bolts or re-threading the caliper to accept the OEM Tesla M12 hardware. The latter allows you to return the vehicle completely to stock.

viy-bbk-2.jpg

Another benefit of the GM 6-piston Brembos is a wide assortment of available brake pads. If you have ever searched for brake pads for the stock Model 3 Performance calipers you know that the selection for this seemingly proprietary caliper can be somewhat limited. The GM calipers feature a standard FMSI D1405 pad shape which opens up pad options from $64 Centric OE replacement street pads up to $700+ Ferodo DSUNO race pads.

Ordering​

As these are a relatively new offering, GiroDisc requires a minimum of 5 rotor pairs to make a production batch. Pricing is $1,200 per pair with free shipping to the continental U.S. There is an approximate 4 to 6 week lead time from the batch order for fulfillment. There is already some interest in the next batch and my hope is that the demand is strong enough for these to become regular stock at Emotive Engineering.

... and introducing... The EmotiVetted GM 6-Pot Bolt-on BBK​

giro370vettebbk.jpg

This is a full bolt-on affair which allows you to reuse your factory caliper mounting bolts (brake dust shield removal required).

Street Kit - $2,649
  • CTS-V Calipers - Silver (or optional Yellow) - re-threaded to accept factory Tesla caliper bolts
  • GiroDisc 370mm 2-Piece Rotors
  • DBA SP500 Street Performance Pads - copper-free ceramic pads, low-noise, and low-dust. Everything an OE+ street pad should be.
  • Spiegler Stainless Steel Brake Lines
  • OE GM Caliper Hardware
Track Kit - $2,899
  • C7 Corvette Z06 Calipers - Red - re-threaded to accept factory Tesla caliper bolts
  • GiroDisc 370mm 2-Piece Rotors
  • G-LOC R12 Track Pads - amazing pedal modulation, rotor friendly, at the expense of some noise and dust.
  • Spiegler Stainless Steel Brake Lines
  • OE GM Caliper Hardware

Not ready to go full on BBK? Emotive Engineering is an authorized GiroDisc dealer offering a full line of OE-replacement 2-piece rotors for your Tesla Model 3 or Y.

Last edited:
Weird since there’s a guy on here with STR-60 BBK 368mm that says aero wheels clear. I’m just curious if anyone has tried to test fit on this specific caliper set up.
From what I understand, it is actually the rear Performance brakes that won’t fit the Aeros, telling me the overall required barrel diameter is smaller for the front than the rear. I am curious if that member started with non-PUP brakes and this never had to worry about the rears?

Reactions: Theraven
Just an update incase others have the same question I did. After lots of measuring and template making I bought some Z06 calipers to test fit with aero wheels, since I still wanted to be able to use them for daily and winter driving.
The 18” Aero wheels fit! Car is a 22 LR. Clearance to narrow point of wheel is 2.8mm (caliper to barrel) 12.6mm face of caliper to back of wheel spoke. still clears a row of tape weights behind the spoke also.

This info is with the base/standard M3 LR rotors on. Knuckle drilled to 14mm.
FYI Aero inner barrel dim is 424mm Incase anyone needs that (measured w/ laser tape measure.

Attachments

• 9AC52229-C836-410B-928D-634961F356E9.jpeg
    9AC52229-C836-410B-928D-634961F356E9.jpeg
    564.7 KB · Views: 141
  • 3C3F2E90-90AB-410E-96F4-D319CAFE691D.jpeg
    3C3F2E90-90AB-410E-96F4-D319CAFE691D.jpeg
    433.9 KB · Views: 133
  • E678E653-E575-46DF-A592-DF49ED144457.jpeg
    E678E653-E575-46DF-A592-DF49ED144457.jpeg
    595.8 KB · Views: 120
  • 0C4FDDDD-71B9-4029-B189-8FD2A5F1DB1A.jpeg
    0C4FDDDD-71B9-4029-B189-8FD2A5F1DB1A.jpeg