TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

give me metalic brown back

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by NielsChr, Nov 18, 2014.

1. NielsChr

NielsChr Member

I have a P85D on order, but I guess I need to cancel it - I need a brown one like my previous P85
    please tesla - I dont care about how long I will have to wait, if you need to batch the production with other Brown model S's - just inform me that it will take a litle longer to deliver.

I waited 3 years for my first Model S, I don't care if I should wait a long time again to get the right color. I guess I will cancel and wait for other colors than black and white (and those greys in inbetween)

here is some picture of my previous BROWN model S
    DSC_0562_small.jpg DSC_0558_small.jpg DSC_0588_small.jpg

2. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Brown was the least popular color.

So you are going to refuse to buy another S because you can't get it in brown?

Apparently paint color is more important to you than revolutionary technology. Okay, your choice...

3. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

I think the brown was a very classy color. I would hate to think that you would pass on owning a D for the lack of it, however.

Perhaps you could find consolation in the fact that the choice of color for a P85D may not be as relevant because its incredible speed causes the perceived color to shift towards the red or blue end of the spectrum, depending upon your trajectory from the observer...

4. NielsChr

NielsChr Member

:lol:
    still need some "real" colors. all the current colors are white or black or inbetween. (except the red witch is a true color) - the blue doesn't count as it is almost black except in full sun light.
    my pressent P85D is though on order in blue

5. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

If I hadn't gotten the red, I probably would have gotten the blue with the grey interior. I think that's a great looking combination.

6. SwedishAdvocate

SwedishAdvocate Active Member

Since there's at least one purple Model S it seems it is possible to order your Model S in a custom color – like this brown. It's probably going to cost you some extra €€€ though...

7. green1

green1 Active Member

I personally think the brown was the ugliest colour, but that's personal preference not a measurable quantity. That said, I absolutely think they should bring it back. I also think they should bring back the green (the best colour they offered, with the possible exception of sig red). But more so, I think they should start offering MORE colours, the pallette is very limited.

One thing I've never understood about Tesla is that they are custom making each vehicle for a specific buyer, why can't they allow more customization in this case? The packages on the website are becoming more and more all inclusive, the colour selections fewer, and generally they're behaving like a manufacturer who has to have stock of all the specific configurations, so needs to limit them. This just isn't the case.

Each car is built for a specific buyer, and as such should be built with as much customizability as possible. With the most advanced production line on the planet, combined with each car being built to order, this should be dead simple.

8. Andy Black

Andy Black Member

I agree it is personal preference but, I will say I get more comments on the color brown of my Tesla than I've gotten about any other care color I've owned. Some of that is probably because of the car itself ( the Model S is a gorgeous car!) but I frequently get complements about the color alone.

--Andy

9. jerjozwik

jerjozwik Member

my hope lies in the dream that the new paint shop will be fully operational by the time my p85d arrives...

10. Park2670

Park2670 Member

Dont forget that we now have the option to do a aftermarket vinyl wrap in any color you want.

11. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Well-Known Member

Me too. (Though I've never seen it, or any color combination for that matter, in person.)

12. RocketReed

RocketReed New Member

You can still order brown for your P85D if you take delivery by December.

- - - Updated - - -

FYI-I'm looking to purchase a Brown P85+ with third row seats if anybody sees this thread.

13. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Weren't folks being told that they had to change their order if they had a discontinued color or option?

14. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

Not for P85Ds delivered in December, specifically. That is why GG upgraded to a P85D, so he could keep his beloved Green!

15. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

Correct. You can order a brown P85D right now for December delivery. But your time is running out quickly.

Custom color is a 12k option. I almost did it, to get a blue model S like Laurent's. In the end I couldn't convince myself to spend the cash.

16. fiksegts

fiksegts Active Member

there is a reason they stopped the brown, it's horrible and nobody was buying them.... under the age of 80.... :)

17. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

I turned 30 this year and love the brown. Reminds me of the Q5 we used to own.

51056425.jpg

Tastes vary, respect that.

18. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

Have you ever seen a brown in person, in the sunlight? Most who see them in these conditions do nothing but rave. But there will always be young whippersnappers who think cars come in two colors, Red or Black. ;)

The brown Model X in my dashboard page looks so good with my Green S85 that I really hope Brown comes back in late 2015 or early 2016, in time for the Model X delivery.

19. GreenT

GreenT Member

Custom color? Not aware custom color is available at any price. Not any more.

20. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

It is. 12k.