Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

give me metalic brown back

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did have a brown loaner for a couple days... ok horrible is strong word, but obviously demand was low hence the removal...

Have you ever seen a brown in person, in the sunlight? Most who see them in these conditions do nothing but rave. But there will always be young whippersnappers who think cars come in two colors, Red or Black. ;)

The brown Model X in my dashboard page looks so good with my Green S85 that I really hope Brown comes back in late 2015 or early 2016, in time for the Model X delivery.

I turned 30 this year and love the brown. Reminds me of the Q5 we used to own.

Tastes vary, respect that.

I too like the brown. It was my second choice behind green when ordering (both unseen on cars when I ordered). I love my green, but also still like the brown. It may be slightly bronze in real life for me but still quite attractive.

I did have a brown loaner for a couple days... ok horrible is strong word, but obviously demand was low hence the removal...

Yes I suspect that sales are the reason for removal. I rarely see a green or brown (my car excepted) Model S. But now you basically have greyscale, and "oh-my-god" bright red. I hope Tesla can bring out some more colors.

:lol:
still need some "real" colors. all the current colors are white or black or inbetween. (except the red witch is a true color) - the blue doesn't count as it is almost black except in full sun light.
my pressent P85D is though on order in blue

The Model S colors are definitely a big stodgy but I guess that fits what they consider their target demographic for "luxury sedan buyers". They purportedly are aiming the Model X at a more strongly female demographic which makes me hopeful that we'll see cars in other than "gentlemens' cigar club" colors. :tongue:

Brown was the least popular color.

So you are going to refuse to buy another S because you can't get it in brown?

Apparently paint color is more important to you than revolutionary technology. Okay, your choice...

I chose to pay the $12000 for a color that I really liked. This was back when there were only four choices, and also back when the "revolutionary" technology was in its embryonic stage. That was a lot of money, more then than it is now.

My wife and I are very color conscious, and we would spend Sundays out wandering around car lots looking for cars that were absolutely gorgeous. We had to wait for three and a half years, so no hurry. We finally got a bunch of paint chips from PPG and sat and looked at them in various lightings, for months. I suspect we had more understanding of color than most people ever work out when they shop for a car.

Guess what we chose?

Home sm.jpg

It's called Chocolate Brown Pearl. I would imagine that if Tesla had picked a really good looking brown instead of their nondescript "metallic", Brown would not be at the bottom of the color choice. I can say the same for Green and Blue. Whoever did the color choices at Tesla is NOT a color conscious person. Their colors are based on "averages", what might sell.

Personally, I feel that the reason most people pick white or black is because their brains are not wired for color. I wish Tesla would re-issue the brown in chocolate pearl, and issue another green in a forest gray green, and another blue. There are many cars out there with really beautiful colors; not over bright, or over dark, just beautiful.

Oh, and we're not eighty, either.

there is a reason they stopped the brown, it's horrible and nobody was buying them.... under the age of 80.... :)
Better be careful, comments like that can find their way into the "Snippiness" thread. And we've never had more positive comments about the color of any car we've owned than for the Sycamore Brown. And I'm I'm under the age of 80. As are the 6 other owners I know that have the brown.

Personally, I feel that the reason most people pick white or black is because their brains are not wired for color. I wish Tesla would re-issue the brown in chocolate pearl, and issue another green in a forest gray green, and another blue. There are many cars out there with really beautiful colors; not over bright, or over dark, just beautiful.

We saw gray get "reissued", so perhaps brown will come back. Or maybe they'll do that titanium of the Model X and call it a day.

there's something quite special about a more sophisticated colour - Brown, combined with the all electric future that is the Model S. I don't know, I think there's something romantic in that, but that's probably just me! At the very least, it will add to the surprise factor when you zoom away from a green light with that hard revving ICE behind you in the other lane!

for what it's worth I'm 31 and I ordered a brown - but I do think it appeals more to a slightly older demographic.