Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Give me the VIN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was okay. They don't work on weekends which a lot of things I needed from them fell on the weekend and it was a long wait to monday. I sold my SR+ to them. I agreed to their offer of +500 more after telling them what carbuyerusa would pay even though their top offer on the site was $2000 less. I signed papers agreeing that I would sell it to them but 3 hours later, carbuyerusa matched it and I kind of would rather have dealt with them as GMTV was a much slower process. After I signed the papers, zero communications for the first weekend it fell on. Felt nervous then monday came and I called and then the person assigned to me called me back. Told me I needed to fill out more paperwork but this time, it was through FedEx. Luckily it came the next day and I shipped back the paperwork the same day(included overnight fedex inside the original they sent me). I get a email they got the paperwork now waiting on 3rd party company to pick up the car. Could be 1day-2 weeks. a day later, they told me it would be friday and gave me info to the company that would haul my car away. Friday comes, I call the company and they said they couldn't do it and had told GMTV that but I wasn't told but can do saturday. They picked up the car saturday(this saturday) and gave a call to a guy that would activate the check after confirming the car is ok and last 6 digits of VIN. I can't get any confirmation myself as I have a check that I can't cash from the fedex mail they gave me until they tell me it's activated. They finally sent the text this morning at 9am that it's activated and I cashed it in afternoon.
TL;DR if you get same offer from carbuyerusa after inspection, take that. They wire you the money, you ship them the title via label they give you overnight, and pick up the car. AND they work weekends. but GMTV is okay too. Just MUCH slower process.

Reactions: UCF3 and GeoG
Upvote 0
It was okay. They don't work on weekends which a lot of things I needed from them fell on the weekend and it was a long wait to monday. I sold my SR+ to them. I agreed to their offer of +500 more after telling them what carbuyerusa would pay even though their top offer on the site was $2000 less. I signed papers agreeing that I would sell it to them but 3 hours later, carbuyerusa matched it and I kind of would rather have dealt with them as GMTV was a much slower process. After I signed the papers, zero communications for the first weekend it fell on. Felt nervous then monday came and I called and then the person assigned to me called me back. Told me I needed to fill out more paperwork but this time, it was through FedEx. Luckily it came the next day and I shipped back the paperwork the same day(included overnight fedex inside the original they sent me). I get a email they got the paperwork now waiting on 3rd party company to pick up the car. Could be 1day-2 weeks. a day later, they told me it would be friday and gave me info to the company that would haul my car away. Friday comes, I call the company and they said they couldn't do it and had told GMTV that but I wasn't told but can do saturday. They picked up the car saturday(this saturday) and gave a call to a guy that would activate the check after confirming the car is ok and last 6 digits of VIN. I can't get any confirmation myself as I have a check that I can't cash from the fedex mail they gave me until they tell me it's activated. They finally sent the text this morning at 9am that it's activated and I cashed it in afternoon.
TL;DR if you get same offer from carbuyerusa after inspection, take that. They wire you the money, you ship them the title via label they give you overnight, and pick up the car. AND they work weekends. but GMTV is okay too. Just MUCH slower process.
I’m not the OP, but thanks for the info! I’m selling my car, and I’m dealing with CarBuyers USA as of now.

Reactions: GeoG
Upvote 0
Thank you so much. Appreciate the very detailed info.
GMTV quoted me a few 1000’s over Carvana and Carmax. I didn’t check carbuyerusa. Also, GMTV has a location close to me so I don’t wait on them picking up. I drop it off. They said they are open on Saturday’s till 15:45.
I will update my experience and process when it’s complete.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I had a really good experience with GMTV in September. They were the highest bid out of CarMax, Vroom, and Carvana, and then I got them to increase the offer by another $500. All of the above were higher than the Tesla trade offer by a few thousand dollars.

GMTV is local here, so I signed the paperwork when I dropped off the car. Was in and out in 10 minutes. The process is not completely automated, so you do have to talk on the phone to people once or twice (a downside IMO). But that also gives the opportunity to try to get a little more to close the deal.

Upvote 0
I had a really good experience with GMTV in September. They were the highest bid out of CarMax, Vroom, and Carvana, and then I got them to increase the offer by another $500. All of the above were higher than the Tesla trade offer by a few thousand dollars.

GMTV is local here, so I signed the paperwork when I dropped off the car. Was in and out in 10 minutes. The process is not completely automated, so you do have to talk on the phone to people once or twice (a downside IMO). But that also gives the opportunity to try to get a little more to close the deal.
Thank you for taking the time to write your experience. Appreciate it. I am dropping my car off this Saturday to their local office in OKC. Was dealing with Jack & Skye at GMTV. Both very professional and easy to deal with. I will update my experience once I drop off on Saturday and the loan is paid off at the bank.

Reactions: Boourns
Upvote 0
I’m in NorCal and had a good experience with GMTV recently as well. Total turnaround time was around 1.5 week. Talked to three person: Buyer, Logistics, and Finance. Sold my pristine condition 2018 Model 3 LR AWD w/FSD and 5400 miles for 53k, their offer was 1.5k-4k higher than everyone else. Once they received the FedEx package of signed bill of sale and title, the pickup was scheduled. Guy came yesterday and inspected the car carefully then we called GMTV and have them activate the check. Deposit the check after couple hours and the balance was updated this morning. Very simple and smooth. I would use them again.

My friend is in the process of selling his 18 LR RWD to GMTV as well.

Upvote 0
I’m in NorCal and had a good experience with GMTV recently as well. Total turnaround time was around 1.5 week. Talked to three person: Buyer, Logistics, and Finance. Sold my pristine condition 2018 Model 3 LR AWD w/FSD and 5400 miles for 53k, their offer was 1.5k-4k higher than everyone else. Once they received the FedEx package of signed bill of sale and title, the pickup was scheduled. Guy came yesterday and inspected the car carefully then we called GMTV and have them activate the check. Deposit the check after couple hours and the balance was updated this morning. Very simple and smooth. I would use them again.

My friend is in the process of selling his 18 LR RWD to GMTV as well.
Thank you. Appreciate your input. I first declined their offer. They called and asked what it would take for me to sell to them and I just threw a number out there and they accepted. Wow.
I am delivering to their local office on Saturday, where they will inspect and hand over an active check.
Hopefully everything goes smoothly.

Upvote 0
Thank you. Appreciate your input. I first declined their offer. They called and asked what it would take for me to sell to them and I just threw a number out there and they accepted. Wow.
I am delivering to their local office on Saturday, where they will inspect and hand over an active check.
Hopefully everything goes smoothly.

Out of curiosity, which car are you selling and how much are they offering?

Upvote 0
Like someone else said, they don't work on weekend and we've heard about some other issues...

If you're looking for the best place to get an instant offer, come get one from us!

Find My Electric is different for a few reasons...

Most importantly, out platform brings multiple EV dealers from across the US (not random gas car dealers) to one spot where they bid against each other and compete for your Tesla!

We also have the option to sell your car yourself on our site for FREE. (We also have paid upgraded listings as well).

That said, if you're looking for the best offer price on a used Tesla, request an instant offer now!
I am glad you didn't go into the details of the other issues.
I am a firm believer in "NOT" knocking the competition to gain ground. I believe in show casing what one is good at without pointing out what the others are bad at.
I will keep details on hand when I am ready to sell or trade. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Update:
GMTV was great to deal with. Responses to Emails and texts were almost immediate. They explained the process and answered all my questions patiently.
I dropped the car off in OKC on the 11/20/21 and signed a few papers. They had my check (difference) ready. It was Bank of America Check. Since I bank with BofA, depositing it was a breeze. I had requested that they pay it off before the 30th and they promised that they would try their best. Due to the holidays (Thanksgiving) they said it might a couple more days, which I was ok with.
I checked with my Bank today (11/29 at 01:30pm) and it shows as "Paid in full and Closed"
Definitely recommend GMTV if you are looking to sell your car.

Upvote 0