Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Give up on 325 Range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HI,
So finally got the new push to 16... I have a April 2018 build.. LR RWD - Fully Loaded... Tried all the supposed tips and tricks and still only get 310 on a full charge. I have a trip planned today so I don't typically do a full charge. But was hoping this would be the day I saw the Bump.

Should I just let this go? Or can you even chat Tesla about this?

June 2018 build, no 325....I did email Tesla a few weeks back when I was on 8.5 and this is what they said:

Thank you for reaching out to Tesla Support. We do apologize for the delay in responding to your email. I did review your firmware and you are current on firmware. The advise range increase is still a future release for the advised Tesla vehicles. We apologize if there has been any confusion. This firmware should be rolling out to customers very soon, unfortunately we do not have an exact eta on this for vehicles. If you are wanting to monitor your firmware for this increase, the release notes will advise the range increase so you will be able to know when you receive this firmware.

We hope this information helped clarify your questions and concerns for you. You are more than welcome to respond to this email if you have further questions.

Thank you,

| Tesla Support
igmNNyo_hsnSD9MiUsG4qxcusqCjBTrW4iy4zh3Q1vsNQWhw7dp3mTEiv6PlMWw85J8uc2eJyqH4Sr_fa9O59r45vCHHWq-mE-XpRPq61qDmCa0hi9vaFvx3uirWRV-mEcTsQ19A1THwL5Y4JfX3IyuFbmXnkw=s0-d-e1-ft

• Informative
Reactions: willow_hiller
June 2018 build, no 325....I did email Tesla a few weeks back when I was on 8.5 and this is what they said:

Thank you for reaching out to Tesla Support. We do apologize for the delay in responding to your email. I did review your firmware and you are current on firmware. The advise range increase is still a future release for the advised Tesla vehicles. We apologize if there has been any confusion. This firmware should be rolling out to customers very soon, unfortunately we do not have an exact eta on this for vehicles. If you are wanting to monitor your firmware for this increase, the release notes will advise the range increase so you will be able to know when you receive this firmware.

We hope this information helped clarify your questions and concerns for you. You are more than welcome to respond to this email if you have further questions.

Thank you,

| Tesla Support
igmNNyo_hsnSD9MiUsG4qxcusqCjBTrW4iy4zh3Q1vsNQWhw7dp3mTEiv6PlMWw85J8uc2eJyqH4Sr_fa9O59r45vCHHWq-mE-XpRPq61qDmCa0hi9vaFvx3uirWRV-mEcTsQ19A1THwL5Y4JfX3IyuFbmXnkw=s0-d-e1-ft
That doesn’t sound right, Thunder. I went from 5.15 to 8.5 the day I brought my car home early March. I immediately went to 325 range from 310.
This firmware should be rolling out to customers very soon...Huh?? The support person doesn’t know what he/she is talking about.

Attachments

• 7C8C34DF-0D5E-4A83-BE04-58C6E2BD93EE.png
    7C8C34DF-0D5E-4A83-BE04-58C6E2BD93EE.png
    452.9 KB · Views: 85
HI,
So finally got the new push to 16... I have a April 2018 build.. LR RWD - Fully Loaded... Tried all the supposed tips and tricks and still only get 310 on a full charge. I have a trip planned today so I don't typically do a full charge. But was hoping this would be the day I saw the Bump.

Should I just let this go? Or can you even chat Tesla about this?
The software updates are kinda weird. I guess the iPhone software update cycle has me spoiled because it rolls out instantly when it’s live. Right now I have the 325 range LR RWD update but I would like the newest version for the sentry mode improvements. I wish there was a check for update button like there is on my iPhone or MacBook.

Reactions: hcdavis3
The software updates are kinda weird. I guess the iPhone software update cycle has me spoiled because it rolls out instantly when it’s live. Right now I have the 325 range LR RWD update but I would like the newest version for the sentry mode improvements. I wish there was a check for update button like there is on my iPhone or MacBook.
Which begs the question Rotten, what does the advanced setting in software actually do?

Reactions: eprosenx
I occasionally get more than the 310mile rated range (extrapolating to 100% up from 90% charge). One time I got 290 miles charge at 90% (322 miles @ 100%)... I guess it depends on your driving habits and the weather condition. I'd imagine the summer will more accurately reflect the range? On a side note, I'm back to getting 282~283 mile range @ 90%...

That doesn’t sound right, Thunder. I went from 5.15 to 8.5 the day I brought my car home early March. I immediately went to 325 range from 310.
This firmware should be rolling out to customers very soon...Huh?? The support person doesn’t know what he/she is talking about.

I wish...but that is what they said, and my car DOES NOT go above 310. So, still waiting.

Reactions: Enginerd
My car is usually in the 50%-80% SOC range, but I recently did a 100% charge (right before starting out on a long drive) to see what it would show...
It showed as 323 miles on a 1+ year old Apr 2018 LR RWD:
323.png

Currently I am on 2019.20.1 but it has shown above 310 for a few releases now.

I am sure my range is actually less now since I have stickier aftermarket tires, but the car computer doesn't appear to have factored that in.

Did anyone here actually do a documented reasonably well-controlled (start and end with warm battery, constant ambient temp, etc.) test prior to the range change (from 310 to 325 mi) of the Wh/rmi constant, and if so, have you repeated the test with the new range update?

SR+: ~215Wh/rmi. (Based on a Colorado Springs to Trinidad drive that was posted)
LR RWD: ?
AWD: ~230Wh/rmi (Based on multiple drives of my own and one of a friend’s)

Just wondering whether the Wh/rmi constant is all that changed...I am sure it has been discussed before, but the question cannot be answered now unless we have some sort of photo evidence or other documentation of a valid trip, prior to the software update.

Just have to do a longish trip in a single shot, no stopping, with everything at equilibrium temp before and after, then divide Wh used by rated miles used.