TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Give us manual control for rear AC/Heat

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by RyanS, Jul 5, 2018.

1. RyanS

RyanS Ka-chow

At a minimum, we need an ability to manually turn on or off AC/heat for rear. If Tesla can give us way to increase or decrease rear fan speed, it would be super.
    During out trip from Sacramento to LA, My daughter was complaining that it’s too cold and she was blocking vents with her blanket to control airflow.

2. lairdb

lairdb Member

Was the existing button not working?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Informative x 2
  3. RyanS

RyanS Ka-chow

Thanks Iairdb.
    well... this is embracing. About an hour after I posted this thread, I figured it out. Should have read the owner's manual first. Instead, I google searched it and didn't find any. So I just assumed Tesla hasn't figured it out, yet. Thanks Tesla, you were way ahead of me.

• Like x 1
  4. iluvmacs

iluvmacs Member

Glad you got a hug and feel better about it now :)

• Funny x 5
  5. gpxl

gpxl Member

Same thing happened to me while driving the car home. It’s odd that you can manually direct airflow but not close the vents. The on screen icon is also really poorly designed.

6. Shygar

Shygar Member

Is it me or do I have to manually turn on the back AC every time?

7. echeeyo

echeeyo Member

Shygar - I believe the rear vents automatically turn on when it detects passengers in the rear seats (sensors in the seats)...pretty cool!

8. Shygar

Shygar Member

That makes sense, problem is it doesn't come on when my 35lb 2 year old is in the back

• Like x 1
  9. lairdb

lairdb Member

Mis-calibrated person sensor?

• Funny x 1
  10. TT97

TT97 Active Member

I have the same issue - the problem is the car seat goes around the sensor so the sensor next picks up the weight on the seat (on the flip side, if it did pick up the weight, you would constantly get seat belt unbuckled warning as the car seat uses its own harness).

11. Baymax3

Baymax3 Member

How about the seat heaters, what would be cool (or actually Hot) is if we could control the seat warmers from the app when in motion.
    While I have not had to use them yet, I can see the rear seat heaters being an issue for the driver having to turn them on and off.

12. Reid

Reid Member

That is REALLY cool. I was wondering about that. Just picked up our car yesterday, and I noticed that the rear seat vents could be turned on/off in the UI, but that they were off by default, even in "auto" mode.. I speculated that they might turn on when someone occupies the rear seat, glad to hear i was right! That's a great design -- save the airflow for us front seat people when nobody's back there!