Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Give us manual control for rear AC/Heat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At a minimum, we need an ability to manually turn on or off AC/heat for rear. If Tesla can give us way to increase or decrease rear fan speed, it would be super.
During out trip from Sacramento to LA, My daughter was complaining that it’s too cold and she was blocking vents with her blanket to control airflow.

At a minimum, we need an ability to manually turn on or off AC/heat for rear. If Tesla can give us way to increase or decrease rear fan speed, it would be super.
During out trip from Sacramento to LA, My daughter was complaining that it’s too cold and she was blocking vents with her blanket to control airflow.

Was the existing button not working?

3zfzBtY.png

SS5Xw1f.png

That makes sense, problem is it doesn't come on when my 35lb 2 year old is in the back

I have the same issue - the problem is the car seat goes around the sensor so the sensor next picks up the weight on the seat (on the flip side, if it did pick up the weight, you would constantly get seat belt unbuckled warning as the car seat uses its own harness).

How about the seat heaters, what would be cool (or actually Hot) is if we could control the seat warmers from the app when in motion.
While I have not had to use them yet, I can see the rear seat heaters being an issue for the driver having to turn them on and off.

Reactions: Msjulie
Shygar - I believe the rear vents automatically turn on when it detects passengers in the rear seats (sensors in the seats)...pretty cool!

That is REALLY cool. I was wondering about that. Just picked up our car yesterday, and I noticed that the rear seat vents could be turned on/off in the UI, but that they were off by default, even in "auto" mode.. I speculated that they might turn on when someone occupies the rear seat, glad to hear i was right! That's a great design -- save the airflow for us front seat people when nobody's back there!

Do you mean this?

View attachment 528302
View attachment 528303

I learned it from DirtyTesla! ;)
Thanks but that's a Model 3 - i have an S and that button isn't there. apparently the car uses the seat sensors to determine if someone is in the back but i have a car seat for my son and i assume this doesn't trigger the sensor as it also doesn't trigger the seatbelt notification!

BTW Dirty Tesla is great!

Reactions: Msjulie