Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Giving feedback to Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lorih

May 12, 2013
Note to Moderators: Please move if there is already a similar thread, didn't see one at first glance.

I was thinking the other day, that one of the challenges for Tesla motors to successful Gen III is actually trying to 'dumb it down' and 'fix the bugs'. I think everyone here agrees that Tesla has done an awesome job with the Model S, and with continually improving the firmware and features, but it occurred to me to ask how many of you go to TMC forum first to find info when something doesn't work right, and how many of you contact Tesla first?

I see so many posts with people asking "have you had this happen to you too?", everything from the trunck closing on people to door handles opening (or not opening) when they are supposed to and of course the tips and tricks for features accessible via touch screen that not everyone knows about. Fortunately, in majority of cases, we give each other enough feedback to handle many of these issues ourselves.

I think many of the people here are in general more techie and more of the earlier adaptors, but in a few years when there is a 30-35K car, Tesla is going to have to make the car more idiot-proof, and useable by the average Toyota or Honda driver that isn't going to rush to their computers and comb user forums for potential answers.

I was thinking it would be good as Tesla expands for users to go to Tesla first, so they are aware of things that will 'annoy' non-techie types. I'm not talking about 'we also want this feature' type of stuff, but problems, issues and suggestions to make things more "obvious" and straightforward for Gen III users. (I am NOT talking about limiting features or 'dumbing down' the Model S or the Model X, just thinking of helping Tesla plan out the Gen III)

What do people here think?

I always send an email to ownership when I find something that isn't right, however there hasn't been all that much to complain about and most of what there is really minor. One thing about forums is that most posts are about problems and work arounds. Most folks don't post six o'clock and all's well although this forum has more of that than any other forum I've followed. The Model S has been remarkably trouble-free -- especially when you consider that it is the first year of a new car model from a new factory.

Dumbing down the GenIII is the last thing they should do.